Author Topic: Too Weird  (Read 1877 times)

Dog Lover

• My little Sammie Roo.
Too Weird
« on: April 03, 2009, 07:08:40 pm »
A gal I work with (sits next to me) was telling me yesterday that she knew someone at work who's husband had a brain surgery a few years ago and wondered if it was the same one that I had. We stopped by to talk to her and sure enough - her husband had AN surgery 2 yrs ago with Gantz. And what's more...the guy that sits across from her - his girlfriend had AN surgery in Jan...AND she said her neighbor across the street also had it.

Then there's Sue (VougeStar5 I think it is) and Stormy who are all within a few miles of me. Wow...is there something in the water? (If so, I'm buying bottled water from now on!)

Cathy
Cathy
9mm x 3mm Left Side AN
Mid Fossa Aug. 21, 2008
Dr. Gantz / Dr. Woodson
Univ. of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics
No facial issues, hearing saved, I keep active and feel back to normal.

joebloggs

Re: Too Weird
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2009, 08:35:14 pm »
How bizarre! 

When I told my friends at work one of my close friends Mum had an AN a couple of years ago and a good friend's mum back here in Aus had almost identical surgery as me but for a CPA meningioma.  Small world!
Right sided AN 2.7cm at last MRI.  Hearing loss/facial numbness.  Translab scheduled March 11th 2009.  Translab at Royal Melbourne Hospital, Australia successful!  Total tumour removed, SSD, no facial issues, numbness has left the building, balance issues but they'll get better and I'm loving life!

andrea in slc

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2009, 09:33:02 pm »
That is totally weird! I worked with a guy who had his out in 1999, and my brother's father-in-law had his surgery for his AN 3 days before I had mine (I grew up with the girl my bro. married and her older sister). Then my brother's mother-in-law finds out there is a guy at her work that has an AN now too. I dunno if it's in the water, the air, or whatever, but holy crap, we wonky-heads seem to be everywhere with numbers growing by leaps and bounds!

Andrea

EJTampa

• Rays Vs Red Sox Game 2 ALCS (Isabel and Ernie)
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2009, 10:08:08 pm »
Nobody at my work has ever had an AN or knows anyone that has :).  I'm the only one!  :o

Ernie
-1.3 X 0.8 cm AN in the right cerebellopontine angle extending into the internal auditory canal.
-Retrosigmoid Surgery with Dr. Bartels and Dr. Danner at Tampa General 3/5/2009.
-Had to cut hearing nerve to get "sticky" tumor, so SSD right side.