Author Topic: Ear Popping  (Read 1081 times)

Jwh

Ear Popping
« on: April 01, 2009, 10:30:16 am »
Hi all,

I'm 9 weeks post-op and have had some issues with my non AN ear.  I had Translab performed in January and now am SSD.  I'll get a whoosh sound with the dial tone on the phone and now I'm getting a popping deep down in the ear canal.  I went to my surgeon and there was no fluid in my ear.  He couldn't give me an answer.  I had an MRI right before my surgery and it was completely clear on the right side ( no signs of a tumor).  Did anyone experience ear sensitivity and the above problems post treatment?  Of course I worry about a possible tumor but like I said MRI was clear.  Could this just be the result of my surgery and everything adjusting?

Jennifer
5/01  1.3 AN removed at NYU using Retrosig. Approach
2/07  Rediagnosed with Regrowth 8 mm (wait & watch mode)
1/09  1.4 AN removed at NYU using Translab (total tumor removal)

satman

Re: Ear Popping
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2009, 10:49:01 am »
i would get a 2nd opinion,i have never been happy with ent's,but thats just me.
kicked my little 8cm buddy to the curb-c ya !

MAlegant

• 50th birthday party pic
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2009, 12:44:22 pm »
I'm with Satman, get a second opinion, but my bet is that it's everything just settling down.
Marci
3cmx4cm trigeminal neuroma, involved all the facial nerves, dx July 8, 2008, tx July 22, 2008, home on July 24, 2008. Amazing care at University Hospitals in Cleveland.

Jwh

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2009, 12:52:41 pm »
Hi,

Thanks for the responses.  I'll get my second opinion when I get my MRI in 3 weeks.  At that time, I'll be meeting with my other neurosurgeon.  Just thought in the interim, I got some other AN opinions or experiences. 

Jen
5/01  1.3 AN removed at NYU using Retrosig. Approach
2/07  Rediagnosed with Regrowth 8 mm (wait & watch mode)
1/09  1.4 AN removed at NYU using Translab (total tumor removal)

FlyersFan68

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2009, 01:22:02 pm »
Once in a while my jaw clicks on the good side. To me, much less sensations are felt on the operated side like sore throats, jaw clicks or aches. I assume that the popping occurs when you yawn or open your mouth wide? Everyone has jaw issues from time to time. It could be stress or diet related. I couldn't imagine it being signs of another tumor. I wouldn't even consider that especially since a recent MRI confirmed this for you. I never really had the swoosh sound you describe but I would guess that the good side is still adjusting to it's new independent role. I believe this will fix itself too. My clicking is only from time to time and when I reduce stress and caffeine it always goes back to normal.