Author Topic: Twitches=more movement! Updated Picture.  (Read 8819 times)

moe

Re: Twitches=more movement! Updated Picture.
« Reply #30 on: April 07, 2009, 09:33:56 am »
Dear Angie/Crookedsmile,
I agree you have to change your name.!  :D
I totally empathize with you. Yes, your resting pose looks fantastic, but I'm sure it still takes extra effort to do all those things, like smile and talk and eat.
I promise to post my pic! I alternate between exercising my left face to doing nothing to exercising. I'm getting facial massage every other week and have my own little nerve stimulator device that a speech therapist recommended about 2 years ago.
I did E Stem prior to my 12/7.
So yes, the mouth is more symmetrical, but when I try to talk, well my left side of the mouth won't lift :-\
Keep trucking, keep pluggn, keep smiling!
Maureen
06/06-Translab 3x2.5 vascular L AN- MAMC,Tacoma WA
Facial nerve cut,reanastomosed.Tarsorrhaphy
11/06. Gold weight,tarsorrhaphy reversed
01/08- nerve transposition-(12/7) UW Hospital, Seattle
5/13/10 Gracilis flap surgery UW for smile restoration :)
11/10/10 BAHA 2/23/11 brow lift/canthoplasty

stoneaxe

• Make your good days more than make up for the bad.
    • Cape Cod Bay Challenge
« Reply #31 on: April 07, 2009, 07:49:12 pm »
Angie...I tend to say exactly what I'm thinking so please excuse me if this is a bit too forward. Can you please do all of us guys a favor and not avoid the camera anymore. Wow!...smokin!....that's the 1st thing that came to my mind.

Glad to hear things are improving for you. You'll be changing your handle to beautifulsmile before you know it.
Bob - Official Member of the Postie/Toasty Club
6mm AN treated with Proton Beam Radiosurgery in March 2004
at Mass General Hospital, Dr's Loeffler and Chapman
Cut the little bugger out the second time around in 2009..translab at MGH with Dr's McKenna and Barker.
http://www.capecodbaychallenge.org

CROOKEDSMILE

« Reply #32 on: April 11, 2009, 07:30:11 am »
You guys are so nice. Tomorrow is Easter so I know the camera will be out lurking somewhere. My confidence will slowly return I'm sure. Much love to you all that are going through facial paralysis and love to those that don't but are going through other post op complications.
Angie