Author Topic: Twitches=more movement! Updated Picture.  (Read 8830 times)

NancyMc

• One year and all is well, almost.
Re: Twitches=more movement! Updated Picture.
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2009, 08:04:16 am »
Angie,
You're gorgeous!  I'd gladly take facial palsy if I could look like that!!!!!  Which side is it?  I couldn't find the info in this thread.  I honestly can't tell.
Congratulations on your milestone.
Nancy
Watch and Wait since 9/19/01
Increased from 1.1 x 1.9 to 1.9 x 1.9 cm as of 10/27/08
Right SSD, tinnitus, compensating balance
Dr. McKenna at Mass Eye and Ear and Dr. Barker at MGH
Translab April 8, 9 hours, 18 mm Tumor all gone SSD some facial weakness

Jeanlea

« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2009, 10:09:46 am »
Angie, I also have to agree with the others.  You look great! I couldn't tell what side was weak. 

Jean
translab on 3.5+ cm tumor
September 6, 2005
Drs. Friedland and Meyer
Milwaukee, WI
left-side facial paralysis and numbness
TransEar for SSD

yardtick

• I have to keep smiling, or else I WILL cry.
« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2009, 10:15:26 am »
Angie,

I more or less look like you.  No I'm not blond.....I mean in the eye and the mouth area.  My left cheek is slighty swollen compared to my right.  I too am very critical on how I look.  Only those that really know me can see the changes in my face.  You do look lovely my friend.  Good luck with your appointment.

Anne Marie
Sept 8/06 Translab
Post surgical headaches, hemifacial spasms and a scar neuroma. 
Our we having fun YET!!! 
Watch & Wait for more fun & games

CROOKEDSMILE

« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2009, 10:40:00 am »
Well guys,
You are very sweet. It is hard not having facial expressions. When I'm mad, upset, excited, happy.....the expression is the same. I miss a normal face but I am learning to move on. I think my face looks okay in a photo (sometimes) but it's when it is in motion that you can tell something isn't right! I appreciate all the nice things you've said and I really need to get back to my facial exercises as I have not done them in over a month. ( just gave up on them basically and wanted a break to "enjoy a normal life" and to ignore my face for awhile) I still hide when the camera is out as I HATE having my picture taken because it takes time to get my face to work right. Keep the left eye open, try to raise the cheek, raise the lip........so much to think about to get that darn little smile.
Much love,
Angie

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2009, 12:37:37 pm »
Angie ~

Belated but genuine congratulations on your continuing improvements!  Of course, I can only echo what everyone else has already made clear:  you look wonderful!  :)

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

arkansasfarmgirl

« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2009, 02:41:41 pm »
Ok, that picture just proves that WE ARE OUR OWN WORST CRITIC!!  You look great!!  I wouldn't be complaining at all if I could get back to that good.  (or so I say  LOL...we all would *really* like to look like we used to, wouldn't we?)

Vonda
PS
I'm going for my first accupuncture session Thursday.  Dr Ranfft, or something like that--he's on Kavanaugh.  I think the thing that's bugging me the most right now is that I can't squint in bright light.

CROOKEDSMILE

« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2009, 03:42:27 pm »
Vonda,
Let me know how that goes. I had an appointment with someone on Rodney Parham about 1 month ago and chickened out. If you like him I would like to get the contact information as the guy I chose is Chinese and doesn't speak much English which is kind of stressful. Maybe we can meet for lunch sometime. I live downtown in the Quapaw Historic District about 10-15 minutes from where you will be for your appointment.
Take care,
How's the baby and the horses?
Angie

Joef

• ** I rather be Kayak Fishing **
« Reply #22 on: April 01, 2009, 09:40:26 am »
Yes... you look great!  :o

I'm coming up on 4 years post op .... I still feel improvement and twitches
4 cm AN/w BAHA Surgery @House Ear Clinic 08/09/05
Dr. Brackmann, Dr. Hitselberger, Dr. Stefan and Dr. Joni Doherty
1.7 Gram Gold Eye weight surgery on 6/8/07 Milford,CT Hospital

saralynn143

• Sarey Sarey Quite Contrary
    • MVD diary
« Reply #23 on: April 02, 2009, 10:29:38 am »
I have not had a twitch since my surgery (good in one respect since it was twitching behind my surgery in the first place). I wonder why some people gets the zings and twitches while others don't.

Sara
MVD for hemifacial spasm 6/2/08
left side facial paresis
 12/100 facial function - 7/29/08
 46 - 11/25/08
 53 - 05/12/09
left side SSD approx. 4 weeks
 low-frequency hearing loss; 85% speech recognition 7/28/08
1.8 gram thin profile platinum eyelid weight 8/12/08
Fitted for scleral lens 5/9/13

CROOKEDSMILE

« Reply #24 on: April 02, 2009, 04:38:37 pm »
Good question Sara,
I would like to know that too. I do know that my cheek is stronger after all the twitching and my 3rd tooth now shows when I smile big. (still a reserved tiny smile but I'll take it)
Do you get any weird sensations like tugging?
Angie

calimama

« Reply #25 on: April 02, 2009, 08:13:15 pm »
Angie.

Great picture, thanks for sharing.

Sara... i don't get twitches either...but i have been having improvement in movement and tone since around 7 month mark. We are on a similar track for recovery (and same day surgery!).

Trish
Left 2.9cm CP Angle AN discovered Jan 2008. Retrosig surgery June 2, 2008 Toronto, Canada. Facial paralysis and numbness, double vision (4th nerve), SSD. DV totally recovered in 4th month; palsy started to recover slowly around month 7. Had twin boys 13 months after surgery. Doing great.

saralynn143

• Sarey Sarey Quite Contrary
    • MVD diary
« Reply #26 on: April 02, 2009, 08:35:25 pm »
Angie, no pulling sensation either. Sometimes my face is tender to the touch for no apparent reason, but that's it.

Hi again, Trish. It would be so cool if we smile again on the same day, too.

Sara
MVD for hemifacial spasm 6/2/08
left side facial paresis
 12/100 facial function - 7/29/08
 46 - 11/25/08
 53 - 05/12/09
left side SSD approx. 4 weeks
 low-frequency hearing loss; 85% speech recognition 7/28/08
1.8 gram thin profile platinum eyelid weight 8/12/08
Fitted for scleral lens 5/9/13

arkansasfarmgirl

« Reply #27 on: April 03, 2009, 11:08:18 am »
Vonda,
Let me know how that goes. I had an appointment with someone on Rodney Parham about 1 month ago and chickened out. If you like him I would like to get the contact information as the guy I chose is Chinese and doesn't speak much English which is kind of stressful. Maybe we can meet for lunch sometime. I live downtown in the Quapaw Historic District about 10-15 minutes from where you will be for your appointment.
Take care,
How's the baby and the horses?
Angie

Hey Angie, I'd love to do lunch sometime.  My next appointment is thursday April 9 at 12:15.  Should take about 30 minutes.  And then I'll be back the week after that, and the week after that...I'm not sure how long I'll have to keep going.  And I did like Dr Ranft.  He's a little (Ok, a lot!) on the weird side, but I've found those are usually the best ones to go to.  LOL  He's a Dr of Oriental medicine and does herbs, accupuncture, chiro, etc.  He was telling me that nerves grow about an inch a year and that nerve is about 5 inches long, so you can see improvement up to 5 years out from trauma, because the whole thing has to regenerate to get normal.  Did that make sense?  Anyway, he said he could definitely help me heal faster and seemed to think he could help me get more movement than I would get on my own.  Only 2 of the needles went in my face, and those were a little bit painful going in, but once in didni't bother me.  The rest of them I barely felt.  I was feeling lots of tingles while the needles were in and it continued for a couple of hours after.

I think his phone number was 634-8800, but you might want to double check that.

The baby is doing super.  She started crawling yesterday while I was gone (of course :-P).  She'll be 8 months old next week.  I haven't gotten to ride much, because my old horse just can't handle it, but I'm shopping for a new one.  My b-day is later this month, hopefully I'll find what I'm looking for in time to be my b-day present.  :-D

Vonda

mimoore

• Believe!
« Reply #28 on: April 03, 2009, 11:39:52 am »
Sara I too do not get twitches. Parts of my face feel tender, sort of like a bruise. I feel surges (if that makes sense?) from the pons (the area in front of my ear) and then tingles and it gets a bit itchy. Something weird I am also itchy on the top of my head in one spot. A friend of mine who also had facial paraylsis as a result of an AN removal also had an itchy head. Strange but true. Anyone else have an itchy head in one spot?
Michelle  ;D
Retrosigmond surgery on June 4th, 2008 for an AN. 100% hearing loss and facial paralysis (was not prepared for facial paralysis). Size: 2.3 cm, 2.1 cm, 1.8 cm. some tumour remains along facial nerve. Pray for no regrowth. Misdiagnosed for 10 yrs.

CROOKEDSMILE

« Reply #29 on: April 03, 2009, 04:59:43 pm »
Vonda,
I will pm you with my phone number. I don't work and can arrange a lunch at anytime. So call me when you are in town!!!!!
Angie