Author Topic: post 5 year surgery  (Read 1843 times)

ada tucker

post 5 year surgery
« on: March 27, 2009, 04:21:22 pm »
Hi, I am new at this and hope someone out there can shed some light on my problem.  My Vestibular surgery was almost 5 years ago.  I was very fortunate that I only lost my hearing in my right ear and now have a BAHA which helps alot.

About 3 weeks ago I started getting pressure headaches at my right temple and my right eye has not stopped tearing since then.  A new MRI shows nothing and my Eye Doctor sees nothing.

Since surgery was on 8th nerve anyone hear of scar tissue forming on to 8th and 7th nerve (which is connected to the eye).

Please if anyone has similar symptoms or can direct me I would be ever so greatful.  My right eye is like a running fauset, but no outward change in appearence.

Hope to hear from someone soon  :'(
ADA

Keri

Re: post 5 year surgery
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2009, 08:27:39 am »
Hi Ada,
I wish I could help you,but  I'm clueless.
I'm surprised more people haven't chimed in on this. Maybe post the question in the section under "facial" or "eye" issues, or even "balance" or just "AN inquiries." It may get more attention if you put more of the question in the subject line.
There's so many that know so much, or they sometimes have website links that are very helpful.
I hope you find some answers,
Keri
1.5 left side; hearing loss; translab scheduled for 1/29/09 at Univ of MD at Baltimore
My head feels weird!!

Cheryl R

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2009, 09:03:27 am »
My first thought was temporal arteritis but in looking it up on Google, looks like the eye dr would have have seen eye symptoms also.                 I have never heard of anyone getting such scar tissue.     I was trying to debate if is AN related or not.                 I have had rt sided AN surgery and rt sided facial neuroma surgery and my rt eye can tear occ  but hasn't all the time.        My nose runs on the rt when get too warm when active.   
  I don't know if there is some other kind of vascular issue which could be causing it.     I would see if your dr could refer you to someone who might have some idea about it.      I know I am not of much help here.        I am a retired nurse so curious about what might be the cause.
                                                Cheryl R
Right mid fossa 11-01-01
  left tumor found 5-03,so have NF2
  trans lab for right facial nerve tumor
  with nerve graft 3-23-06
   CSF leak revision surgery 4-07-06
   left mid fossa 4-17-08
   near deaf on left before surgery
   with hearing much improved .
    Univ of Iowa for all care

EJTampa

• Rays Vs Red Sox Game 2 ALCS (Isabel and Ernie)
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2009, 09:05:21 am »
Hi Ada,

I'm afraid I'm with Keri.  I can't help much in this department, other than to offer you support and prayers.  Have you spoken to the surgeon that did your AN procedure?  I think that would be a good place to start.  They would know better whether or not scar tissue could be the culprit.

Ernie
-1.3 X 0.8 cm AN in the right cerebellopontine angle extending into the internal auditory canal.
-Retrosigmoid Surgery with Dr. Bartels and Dr. Danner at Tampa General 3/5/2009.
-Had to cut hearing nerve to get "sticky" tumor, so SSD right side.

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2009, 11:18:11 am »
Ada -

I haven't had this issue, but perhaps someone like Lori (lori67) or Kay (Kaybo) has.

I suggest PM'ing one or both of them.

Good luck,

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

ada tucker

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2009, 06:36:02 pm »
I am thrilled that I received as many responses as I did.  Continueing to search out answers.  Dr. Sen in NY did my surgery.  Just found 3 Drs. on web in Fla. :)  Will call them tomorrow to find out if any experience with post AN symptoms.

Keep you all up to date.

I feel so much better just being able to vent.  Thanks for listening.

EJTampa

• Rays Vs Red Sox Game 2 ALCS (Isabel and Ernie)
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2009, 06:44:07 pm »
What part of Florida do you live in?  Dr. Bartels in Tampa did my surgery.  I know I am biased, but I say he is the best!  He may be able to answer your questions.  PM me if you want his info.

Ernie
-1.3 X 0.8 cm AN in the right cerebellopontine angle extending into the internal auditory canal.
-Retrosigmoid Surgery with Dr. Bartels and Dr. Danner at Tampa General 3/5/2009.
-Had to cut hearing nerve to get "sticky" tumor, so SSD right side.