Author Topic: Anissa's Husband  (Read 6751 times)

vossman

Anissa's Husband
« on: March 23, 2009, 10:16:42 pm »
Hi I'm Anissa's husband--Chris

I'm just doing a test run on the site so see how everything operates.  Anissa has asked me to post and give updates during her surgery on April 1st.  I'm probably not the best at this so please bear with me as I try to get up to speed.  We have found this site very informational and supportive which is very important to us.  I know I will be asking questions of everyone as this process unfolds and your help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Chris
Chris
Anissa's other half

anissa

• My Journey
Re: Anissa's Husband
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2009, 10:18:27 pm »
Welcome ;) 
Anissa
2/11/09 Diagnosed AN 2.1cm
2/26/09 Consult with Dr. Clough Shelton, U of Utah
4/1/09 Translab with Shelton & Couldwell
--little teensy bit of tumor or cells on facial nerve, stuck! No facial weakness, Rt side SSD
4/8/10 1-yr MRI, "Looks great!"

andrea in slc

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2009, 10:21:10 pm »
I'll second that welcome! Glad to see you here. Please let us know if there is anything we can do on that day or the days following, okay? Can't wait to meet you guys, just sorry it is for THIS!  ::)

Andrea

sgerrard

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2009, 10:53:58 pm »
Anissa - meet Chris. Chris, this is Anissa.  ;D

Welcome as well, Chris. Don't worry about getting it wrong - no one really minds. As long as we can read your question and you can read our replies, it is all good.

You will get some good tips from caregivers, as we call them. Rick56 just went through the same thing with Scarlett, and did just fine online. She did just fine in surgery too.

Best wishes for next week.

Steve
8 mm left AN June 2007,  CK at Stanford Sept 2007.
Hearing lasted a while, but left side is deaf now.
Right side is weak too. Life is quiet.

Ellenmn

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2009, 06:22:32 am »
Welcome Chris
Don't worry My husband did updates for me after my surgery and wasn't really sure about it either. You'll do just fine.

Kaybo

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2009, 06:52:46 am »
Welcome Chris!!   ;D

K
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

EJTampa

• Rays Vs Red Sox Game 2 ALCS (Isabel and Ernie)
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2009, 06:59:39 am »
Welcome to the party Chris.  You are absolutely right in saying that these forums are full of information and support.  Most, if not all of us were in your and Anissa's shoes at one point in our journey.  Feel free to ask any questions you may have even before your "required" updates  ;D

Ernie
-1.3 X 0.8 cm AN in the right cerebellopontine angle extending into the internal auditory canal.
-Retrosigmoid Surgery with Dr. Bartels and Dr. Danner at Tampa General 3/5/2009.
-Had to cut hearing nerve to get "sticky" tumor, so SSD right side.

GRACE1

« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2009, 07:46:25 am »
Yes, welcome Chris.   

Grace
Diagnosed 7/06: AN - right side: 1.3cm in transverse dimension, 6mm in AP dimension, and 6mm in cephalocaudal dimension.
GK 12/06- Wake Forest Univ Baptist Med Ctr
MRI 5/07- Some necrosis;  Now SSD
MRI 12/08- AN size has reduced 50%
MRI 12/11- AN stable (unchanged from 12/08)
Next MRI: 12/16

lori67

« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2009, 07:57:58 am »
Welcome Chris.

Don't worry - if I can figure out how to post on the forum - I think anyone can!   :-[

Lori
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2009, 10:07:13 am »
Hi, Chris - and welcome.

It's good of you to post updates on your wife, Anissa.  Those are very much appreciated.  You seem to have this message-board protocol down fairly well, so, not to worry.  We'll be looking forward to your future posts. 

Jim
« Last Edit: March 26, 2009, 03:11:15 pm by Jim Scott »
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

Rich56

• a caregiver's 2-cents
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2009, 10:41:55 am »
Hi Chris,

As Steve pointed out, I did the updates for my wife Scarlett (SML).

There is no right or wrong way to update.  Just say what you want or feel that you need to, when you're ready.  At first I was trying to type properly, then I found just typing as I felt and thought was the best way to go.  I was worried about sounding dumb :-[, don't worry about that, just be you ;).  Personally, I couldn't wait to update as soon as I walked through the door.  You'll know what is right for you when the time comes.

You will not find a more compassionate, loving group of people :-* then right here!!!!!!!!

If you have any questions, and they don't have to be about updating, ask away, we're here for you!

All our best to you and Anissa as you prepare for this next leg of the journey,

Rich & Scarlett
SML (Scarlett's) other half, she had - 1.5 cm x 2.5 cm Cystic AN - Right side
Retrosigmoid on 3/18/09 at MGH in Boston, MA. Dr. Barker & Dr. Lee of MGH/MEEI
no facial issues, SSD right side, balance issues to work on.
The AN Calendar is here: http://www.my.calendars.net/AN_Treatments

Rich56

• a caregiver's 2-cents
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2009, 10:53:34 am »
Also Chris,

I didn't realize it until later that posting the updates was helping "me" probably more than it did anyone else.

Rich
SML (Scarlett's) other half, she had - 1.5 cm x 2.5 cm Cystic AN - Right side
Retrosigmoid on 3/18/09 at MGH in Boston, MA. Dr. Barker & Dr. Lee of MGH/MEEI
no facial issues, SSD right side, balance issues to work on.
The AN Calendar is here: http://www.my.calendars.net/AN_Treatments

Kathy M

• Kathy
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2009, 11:02:59 am »
Hi Chris!

Can't wait to hear how both you and Anissa are doing next week!  You've got some great enery coming your way for a speedy recovery!

Kathy
AN diagnosed 11/14/08, 3+cm, Retrosigmoid 1/13/09, Univ. Hosp., Cincinnati, Drs. Tew and Pensak
no facial nerve or eye issues!
3 more surgeries related to staph infections & osteomylitis over next 13 months.  New diagnosis of breast cancer.  Treatment completed 08/27/10.  Moving on!!!

Keri

« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2009, 11:17:44 am »
Hi Chris,

It's great you'regoing to do this because we'll want to know how Anissa is doing.
My husband knows about the forum but doens't get on it. He's allergic to computers ! (unless needed at work)
Someone said this will probably be helpful to you as well - that's so true. My husband was pretty stressed during all the hours of waiting. Being online and yapping with all of us may be a great distraction and/or encouragement.

And don't feel like you can do any of this 'wrong.' I have a lot of 'duh' moments in this forum. After 4 months, I finally have a picture up (thanks ,steve). And in one of my early posts Jan was talking about fatigue. She said "IMO fatigue is the worst part of dealing with recovery..." or something like that. I thought IMO was some specific type of fatigue so I wrote her and asked what "IMO fatigue" was. My teenagers would NOT be impressed.

Anyway, welcome and nice to meet you!

Keri
(8 weeks post op translab; guess i should change my signature)
1.5 left side; hearing loss; translab scheduled for 1/29/09 at Univ of MD at Baltimore
My head feels weird!!

cin605

« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2009, 11:49:02 am »
Welcome Chris,
After being in the forum for 8 months i still come on & forget what IMO means!!!I have to contemplate it for  awhile between mouth fulls of M&Ms candy.
Nothing to be embarrased about here i think we have seen it all,we might not hear it but we can darn well see it!!!
2cm removed retrosig 6/26/08
DartmouthHitchcock medical center lebanon,N.H.
43yrs old