Author Topic: cervical spine damage?  (Read 1161 times)

cin605

cervical spine damage?
« on: March 23, 2009, 04:48:48 pm »
I saw neaurologist today he ordered mri of my neck suspects cervical spine damage,Any one have any thoughts on this one?
he wants me to wear a neck coller & not move my head around alot,i have been puposely moving my head & neck to strenghten
the muscles & doing vestubular exercises.I am so frustrated from being told by one doc to do one thing then another not to do it.
so...i am on the heating pad now trying to make sense of all of this post-op "residual effects"
Thanks cin
2cm removed retrosig 6/26/08
DartmouthHitchcock medical center lebanon,N.H.
43yrs old

Pembo

Re: cervical spine damage?
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2009, 06:09:17 pm »
I have cervical spine issues...I've had PT and learned some great stretches and exercises, that plus heat and regular massage help me alot.
Surgery June 3, 2004, University Hospitals Cleveland, BAHA received in 2005, Facial Therapy at UPMC 2006

Captain Deb

• Phearless Phyll and Captain Deb!
    • Captain Deb
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2009, 08:44:46 pm »
I went through the same thing post-op--bad neck pain with headaches originating in the neck.  Had my neck MRI'd and they found  some degenerative disc disease due mostly to my age. I found nerve block injections to be really helpful. That and the right meds and most of all time to heal!

Capt Deb
"You only have two choices, having fun or freaking out"-Jimmy Buffett
50-ish with a 1x.7x.8cm.AN
Mid-fossa HEI, Jan 03 Friedman & Hitselberger
Chronic post-op headaches
Captain & Designated Driver of the PBW

cin605

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2009, 11:34:41 am »
Thanks so much for info....I am getting the shooting pain from neck up through & around to front of head..stiff,stiff neck.It seems to take me 3 hours to do things i used to do in a 1/2 hour.
2cm removed retrosig 6/26/08
DartmouthHitchcock medical center lebanon,N.H.
43yrs old