Author Topic: Successful Translab outcome at HEI!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 4190 times)

Tina Hager

Successful Translab outcome at HEI!!!!!!!!!!!
« on: February 20, 2006, 09:01:13 pm »
I had successful translab surgery on Feb 13th. I had Dr's   Friedman and Hitselberger. The best Docs in my opinion and thanks to a great team. I loved them all. No facial  weakness, dry eye, tongue problems. Sleeping beautifully at night.  I was out of hospital in 4 days. ! My balance is great! I was  walking 2 days later! I am so grateful to had been in such great hands. I actually feel better post op than pre op! Life is great! My An was around 2 cm. I was wearing my contacts 2 days later! Again I give thanks to all of St. Vincent Medical. Gerrard who shaved my hair so very littlle and to Tina my lady who kept me under from thr U.K.Thanks also to Terrie my guardian angel, who took such good care of me in icu! She slept right besiide me! I LOVE them all. I  was sad to leave them! I feel awsome! I just wanted to share a positive outcome with you all!
                                                                       Sincerely,
                                                                                            Tina Hager

cookiesecond

Re: Successful Translab outcome at HEI!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2006, 09:15:52 pm »
Tina,
We praise the Lord for your great news!!!
Lynn

Sanddollar

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2006, 09:20:29 pm »
What wonderful news, Tina.  I am so glad to hear it.  My procedure here in Houston went well also, and with a similar outcome.  The class of '06 is off to a good start!

Sanddollar
1cm x 2cm, Left side -Translab
Drs. Vrabec & Trask - Jan '06
Houston, TX
Excellent Results!!!

FlyersFan68

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2006, 09:18:26 am »
Tina, Great News...I remember reading your posts prior to surgery. I have to laugh at what Sanddollar said about Class of '06. I would be Class of '04 and had a good outcome too. Hearing loss at -96 word discrim. and tinnitus prior to surgery and complete hearing loss and less tinnitus afterwards THAT'S IT so I cannot complain much either at least for now. I always considered myself unlucky at times to have had this "old problem" to begin with but I've learned along the way it could have been much worse and that makes me stronger and appreciate every single day much more now. I guess catching it early and the size of the tumor at 1cm. along with being a healthy 35 year old all helped with the outcome. I believe House doctors are incredible and you are lucky to have used them. I used a local team of surgeons and happy these days so for those unable to used House try to root out the best that you can find in your area or just outside your area. Take Care! 

vjharris

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2006, 12:09:22 pm »
So glad for your WONDERFUL news!
vjh
2.2x2.37 right side meningioma or acoustic neuroma
Gamma Knife Dec 5, 2006

ken

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2006, 10:49:17 pm »
Congrats. I hope your results continue to be this good. ken

JHager

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2006, 08:45:41 am »
Apparently, it helps to have the last name 'Hager' if you're going to have AN!  (Or, to look at it differently, maybe being a 'Hager' increases your odds of getting one.  Hmmmm...)   :D

Tina, so glad to hear you're doing well!  Thanks for sharing the great news!

Josh
3.5 cm right AN.  Surgery 11/7/05, modified translab.  As recovered as I'd ever hoped to be.

Desilu

« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2006, 11:30:00 am »
Hi Tina,

I too had surgery at HEI, and couldn't be happier. The entire staff, from nurses to doctors was awesome. So glad everything went well, your on the road to recovery now and will be able to pass on your positive attitude and experience on to others. Welcome to the club! Ann
HEI July 26, 2005
5mm X 8mm Left AN
Middle Fossa
Dr. Brackmann & Dr. Hitselberger

Susan L

« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2006, 11:49:56 am »
I was so thankful to hear your news.  I have recently been diagnosed.  I am waiting today for UPS to pick up my tests to go out to the House Ear Clinic.  Thank you for the encouragement.  Will keep you in my prayers.

Susan

luv2teachsped

« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2006, 07:15:22 pm »
Tina: 
    You sound great!   I don't want to discourage you, but just to caution you:  I also started wearing my contacts right away.About 2 months later I had to go to the Eye Dr. because my eye was beginning to bother me.   I have no tears in my right eye and very little in left.  He cautioned me NOT to wear my contacts.(I did!)  4 months later I ended up with a staph infection in my eyes.  Talk about pain!  His first question was...you guessed it. "Are you wearing your contacts?"  I replied "not anymore"- :D  I hope you don't have any problems.  Good Luck to you!   Again, glad to hear you're doing so well.  I also did quite well, compared to many others and am very grateful to my doctors!  Take Care- luv2teachsped
3cmx3cm/translab 5/05
University of Michigan
Dr.Telian and Dr.Thompson

BAHA implant-4/07, processor on 8/07

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2006, 08:56:51 pm »
Tina,

FAB news!  Welcome home, congrats on the good news and success of your procedure!  Take your time, don't push/rush anything and great to hear such terrific news.

Continued path to "renewed" health!

Phyllis
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

eronrabun

« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2006, 08:48:31 am »
I am so happy for you Tina!  I'm glad everything worked out well for you!

-Eron
-3cm acoustic neuroma "size of an egg"
-pressing on the brain stem
-50/50 chance of severe side effect with "traditional surgery"
-chose "endoscopic procedure" by Dr Shahinian in Los Angeles, CA instead of traditional one
-wouldn't change ANYTHING!
-results are amazing!!!

vcschaub

« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2006, 07:24:46 pm »
I am so glad that your experience at House and St Vincent's went so well. I had my surgery in November (2005) and all I have is praise for the facilities and the care I received. Everyone was so attentive and kind. I am feeling great (had middle fossa for a right side AN). After 3 and a half months, my delayed facial weakness is almost completely resolved; only my eye is not tearing but it does blink and close. Again, I was very impressed with everyone, especially my surgeons, Dr. Brackmann and Dr. Hitselberger.
6mm
Middle Fossa November 8, 2005
Drs Brackmann and Hitselberger
House Ear

Kathyaquino

« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2006, 12:57:58 am »
I am doubly happy to hear your good news since your doctors will be removing my tumor on April 7th.  I sat here crying as I read it - not only because I'm so happy for your outcome, but also because I'm having my same tumor removed for the second time & I already have facial nerve damage.  I will always wonder if I would be undergoing a second surgery if I had gone to HEI instead of Stanford where I had the tumor partially removed the first time.  I didn't know I had a tumor when I went to Stanford & I was not told by my doctor what the side effects could be.  I guess I should say he mentioned that some other people might have side effects, but that didn't pertain to me because my tumor was going to be so easy to remove.  I also hadn't heard about the HEI at that time, but I certainly would have checked things out better before just signing up for surgery if I'd known the truth about AN surgery.  In reading other responses to your outcome I was glad to read that so many other people have also had good results.  Thank God for good doctors.

Kathy

daylight

« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2006, 06:14:19 pm »
Hi Tina,
I haven't been logged in to this site for a while but I needed to know how you were doing as we had the same size AN's and symptoms. I had Cyberknife done a few months ago and am doing fine.  I was worried about your choice with surgery but I guess that you made the right one, I am relieved to know that you are just fine and happy.
Hoping that life will always be good for you,
Sue B.
Sue B.