Author Topic: I think I'm going to implode!  (Read 4246 times)

DLM4me

Re: I think I'm going to implode!
« Reply #30 on: March 20, 2009, 10:50:45 am »
Sue and Rivergirl, thanks for the kind thoughts and ideas.  My husband usually brings me a lei when he visits (he's living in Hawaii), so I look forward to that.  He always brings something that's mainly purple, which I love.

JB, thanks for posting the recap of your recent surgery experience.  It sounds like you're doing great!  I'm thinking I'll have the reverse of your frozen thing, as right now all I have is time on my hands to obsess about the surgery (and its post-op issues), but right BEFORE surgery I'll have the anticipation of my husband arriving and then our daughter a few days post-op.  I get to see my grandson again!  They were just here in January (they live in NY), and I did not expect to see them again so soon.  In fact, we got to celebrate our grandson's first birthday, which was pretty cool!

I always make it a point to tell the anesthesiologist prior to surgery that I have problems with nausea post-op; that way they add something to the mix before I wake up that helps control that.  I'll DEFINITELY mention it this time!

Middle fossa craniotomy 04/08/09, Drs Brackmann, Schwartz, et al, St Vincent/HEI in Los Angeles.

Syl

• Forgive me. I'm having an AN moment.
Re: I think I'm going to implode!
« Reply #31 on: March 20, 2009, 11:07:51 am »
DLM:

It's good to see you are in better spirts. A positive outlook is good in the healing process.

Syl
1.5cm AN rt side; Retrosig June 16, 2008; preserved facial and hearing nerves;
FINALLY FREE OF CHRONIC HEADACHES 4.5 years post-op!!!!!!!
Drs. Kato, Blumenfeld, and Cheung.