Author Topic: Patience word of the year...  (Read 5514 times)

cin605

Patience word of the year...
« on: March 17, 2009, 01:02:11 pm »
Hurry up already!!!Just venting....
2cm removed retrosig 6/26/08
DartmouthHitchcock medical center lebanon,N.H.
43yrs old

Syl

• Forgive me. I'm having an AN moment.
Re: Patience word of the year...
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2009, 01:10:22 pm »
What exactly are you referring to? The recovery in general or something more specific?

I had surgery June 16, 2008.  For me it's the headaches that I wish would hurry up and go away.

Syl
1.5cm AN rt side; Retrosig June 16, 2008; preserved facial and hearing nerves;
FINALLY FREE OF CHRONIC HEADACHES 4.5 years post-op!!!!!!!
Drs. Kato, Blumenfeld, and Cheung.

cin605

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2009, 02:02:54 pm »
The recovery process.....its just so frustarting the headachs offbalance stiff neck head shaking...i just want it all to be gone.Tinnitus now in both ears...argh
43yrs old

Syl

• Forgive me. I'm having an AN moment.
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2009, 10:54:38 am »
When I get a really bad headaches, the tinnitus in my AN ear gets louder. Sometimes I even get it in my good ear. I've gotten used to the tinnitus is my AN ear, but I don't think I could get used having it in the other ear, too.

Do you at least have some good days, Cin?

Syl
1.5cm AN rt side; Retrosig June 16, 2008; preserved facial and hearing nerves;
FINALLY FREE OF CHRONIC HEADACHES 4.5 years post-op!!!!!!!
Drs. Kato, Blumenfeld, and Cheung.

cin605

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2009, 01:30:06 pm »
i do get agood day once in a while but i try to do so much to make up for all the crap i do not getdone on bad days the nextday
i get hit double.
43yrs old

JudyT

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2009, 10:22:05 am »
With you cin........I do the very same thing! Bad day, bad day, good day......now I jump in to high gear to make up for lost time......tasks etc. Guess what?   Bad day big time the next day. Can't seem to get this action straight.....DON'T do it again......but I do. I make my list to long.....I keep trying to delete stuff and limit myself to pertinent things. I get up very early and by midafternoon....down for the count It's very frustrating. I am a widow with grown sons so I am alone.....nobody cares but me.....if the bed is made or not.....nobody is coming for dinner. Why not read, play my piano or paint??? Oh no........CLEAN....wear yourself out....get frustrated.....NO patience. I am really working hard on these attributes.....at 69, who cares???? I am my own worst enemy.....turn up the music and "dance" if only with myself is better.
Take care...........
Judy

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2009, 12:48:23 pm »
JUDY!!!!!!!!!!!!!   :-*   :-*  :-*  :-*  I've missed you!

My mantra, as many here know... "day by day, inch by inch.....".  Like many of you note... I have my good days and I have my "not so good days". cin, I'm sorry you weren't with us Sunday at the brunch to see this about me.  Many saw I wasn't well, but I forged forward with the brunch, I did the drive (I drove the whole way).... and was very difficult for me to hang tough but... I did.  I have to do the same thing tomorrow in meeting a new medical team.  I just try to muster up the mental and physical strength to do it... and I push as much as I can (without over doing it).  Many here know my too-numerous medical whoas (... fyi for the gang, flunked another medical test yesterday, so... yeah me... another new diagnosis!  woopie.....) but ... all in all, gain strength from those around you.. as it helps to keep you going. That is, honestly, what I love about this forum. :)

Day by day, inch by inch.....  you can do it. :)

xoxo
Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

JudyT

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2009, 07:14:45 am »
Hi Phyl.....I'm all over the site each day.....answers? Where are they? Yesterday was the worst....I wasn't even close to being on target. My patience just disappeared....positive attitude totally left me....frustration filled me. I went to a Chronic Pain orientation class, got really charged up but as usual I was odd man out...everyone their but me was suffering back pain/issues.....doctor didn't know much if anything about AN's. I want to do it as it is a multi-facicted program. Learning about acute versus chronic pain is very interesting subject. Reality speaks to my inability to drive/physically impossible at times to get there 3 times a week. I think I would really benefit from this group....BUT? Headaches are worse, balance/vertigo over the top, tinnitus .....to loud etc. Tears flow, desparate for relief. I am not able to maintain a steady routine. I live on acerage in the country and have a large home..........it has become nearly impossible to stay on top of maintenance. I have had live-in help, part time help ......nothing is working. So many decisions from business to me are overwhelming....My youngest son is CEO and doing a great job but I must still make final decisions in the company as I own it. Can't...don't want to.....want OUT. As I am a widow and alone most of the time anxiety/fear seem to dominate my thoughts.....not good. I am usually very strong....positive nature...."can do" attitude but not now....lost in a fog. I planned to go to a flower show today but no go.....headache, pain over whole body from efforts to maintain balance and negativity flows like a river over me. What now??? A beautiful dawn is coming here in central California.....I am exhausted from intermittent sleep with no idea how to greet this day......HELP! I am overwhelmed with sadness on how to overcome very poor attitude.
Venting is really not appropriate.....no place to go but here for solace.....hope all will forgive my "outburst"
So grateful for blessings I obtain here........thanks guys!!
Judy

cin605

« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2009, 11:52:14 am »
Outbursts welcomed!
I had good day yesterday today woke up 5am pounding head tryed new med maxalt.heavy headed today walking like a drunk.
Its looking like rain...can feel a nap creeping up..
i over do when i have my 1 good day out of 10 too.Its the only way to get anything done.
Hang in judy...I'm w/ you..as well as everyone else here..we know the drill all to well.When the alarm goes of don't run walk to the nearest couch bed or chair!
43yrs old

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2009, 03:34:20 pm »
Hi, Judy ~

Please don't ever feel the need to apologize for venting.  If not here, where?  I only hope and pray that some day, very soon, your headaches will resolve and you won't have a reason to vent.  Meanwhile, do what you have to do and if venting helps, so be it.  Crying is allowed, too.  :) 

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.