Author Topic: eye weights  (Read 1746 times)

Karen

eye weights
« on: February 19, 2006, 08:30:54 pm »
Has anyone had their eye weight removed or a lighter one put in?  I can kind og squueze my eye shut and have movement around the eye.  Right now I can close my eye all the way and don't have to tape it at night.  But it doesn't open all the way.  My eye doctor said in a couple of months he would see about putting a lighter weight in or maybe even taking it out         altogether.  Kind of unsure of taking it out altogether, afraid it won't close at all.  Any ideas?  Karen
Karen
     Surgery 12-17-03, nerve graft 1-04, 3.5 cm, facial paralysis, numbness and no hearing in left ear

russ

Re: eye weights
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2006, 10:13:42 pm »
 "Any ideas?"
   Maybe follow your Dr's lead here. A good, knowledgable Opthamologist in AN may be of assistance also.   -Russ

Rc Moser

Re: eye weights
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2006, 09:16:47 am »
I had the weight in for about two months. You 8th nerve should recover if it wasn't damaged or stretched too thin. My weight started to roll out and had to be removed anyway.  I suspect you 8th nerve is starting to recover some and you eye is not as wired open as it was after you operation. Sounds like you a starting to recover. I'm two years 6 months out my 8th nerve has recoved about 80%. Only tear duct watering is no up to speed. I have no lift on my left side, but the good new is no noticable sage. I can feel it wanting to lift, but not strong enough yet. If I had it to do over again I would of just got the stick on's.
9/17/03, 4.5CM, Translab, OU Medical Center, Dr. (the ear man) Saunders and Dr. B. (the BrainMAN) Wilson  along with about 4 other Doctors that keep me going for 18 hours.