Author Topic: Anybody Vibrations in Good Ear??  (Read 1083 times)

Jwh

Anybody Vibrations in Good Ear??
« on: March 08, 2009, 02:02:51 pm »
Hi all,

I'm reposting a concern that I have in regards to a new unwanted symptom in my GOOD ear.  I'm 6 weeks post op with SSD.  A few days ago I noticed when I use the phone in my good ear I will get a vibration to the dial tone in my ear?  It seems to be aggravated by specific tones.  Now this symptom is intermittent.  Has anyone ever experienced this adjusting to SSD?  Can it be related?  I don't believe it's tinnitus.  I contacted my doctor who doesn't believe it's anything sinister.  He said the worst case scenario it's an inner ear virus but still wants me to get an audiogram done.  Even though he reassured me not to worry, I can't stop worrying!

Please any thoughts on this.

Jennifer 
5/01  1.3 AN removed at NYU using Retrosig. Approach
2/07  Rediagnosed with Regrowth 8 mm (wait & watch mode)
1/09  1.4 AN removed at NYU using Translab (total tumor removal)

sgerrard

Re: Anybody Vibrations in Good Ear??
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2009, 03:44:06 pm »
I did find mention on Drugs.com that ringing in the ears is a possible "less serious" side effect of taking Lexapro, so it could be that (you said you started Lexapro in another post).

I had some pretty strange hearing effects after treatment, even without being SSD. I would get pressure sensations in both ears, and at one time the bizarre effect of hearing a tiny tone in my right ear whenever I touched or rubbed my left ear. Some kind of strange cross over effect. I think almost any strange audio effect can be attributed to the AN and the messing around with your cranial nerves that happens with treatment.

I wouldn't worry about it at 6 weeks. If it is still happening at 6 months, I would be a little more concerned.

Happy hearing. :)

Steve
8 mm left AN June 2007,  CK at Stanford Sept 2007.
Hearing lasted a while, but left side is deaf now.
Right side is weak too. Life is quiet.

Jwh

Re: Anybody Vibrations in Good Ear??
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2009, 03:50:17 pm »
Steve - thank you for your reply.  I think I was taken off guard with this new symptom! Like you said, it could be some cross over from the other ear....  Again, I appreciate your response it means alot to me  :)

I need to calm the nerves.

Jen
5/01  1.3 AN removed at NYU using Retrosig. Approach
2/07  Rediagnosed with Regrowth 8 mm (wait & watch mode)
1/09  1.4 AN removed at NYU using Translab (total tumor removal)