Author Topic: regarding post-eye issues/sleeping:  (Read 7748 times)

monaliysa

Re: regarding post-eye issues/sleeping:
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2009, 09:37:42 am »
Thank you all for your suggestions. I will take them into consideration. Being in assisted living is difficult as I have a roommate who causes nothing but trouble. I am filled with anxiety before try to go to sleep. I watch tv and try and be positive about sleeping and it all gets blown to bits as my roommate snores so loud that i am afraid she will suck the whole room in....it's a chronic problems and I have yet to come up with a plan with meds that works. They give me lunesta and ambien cr, ativan, melatonin....i frankly don't know what else so do. Tonight I have a rehearsal with my band, when i come in I am usually wired and by the time i come back she's snoring her head off..i wish!...Anyway, I will keep checking in here for ideas that might prove beneficial and of course to say hi to all of you...
Be well
Please someone somewhere come up with something.
By the way I used to write to Mark Ruffalo and i even have his letter to me in my room here...about his trials and tribulations about his AN..and now I hear his brother was shoot...what a bummer...
Love,
MO
..of the messed up face
;-/

monaliysa

« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2009, 05:17:39 am »
HI all....I managed to get a bit of sleep last night as the heat was turned off when i went to bed and the heat was on when I got up this morning, my roommate Rochelle doesn't know how to turn the heat on so I assume that someone came in during the night and turned it on..I didn't "hear" them. I only took the ambien and a bit of the ativan that they gave me and nothing else..i will try it again tonight and see if it works.
Much love and any suggestions would be deeply appreciated...
MO
:-/

monaliysa

« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2009, 03:55:49 am »
So much for getting sleep last night. I took an ambien and a melatonin and got no sleep whatsoever. That is why I am up here on the computer at 5:45 am...any more suggestions would be appreciated ...if you look on my site here for post eye issues...you will see many suggestions. Many of which I have tried but they haven't work....keep the suggestions coming..
Thanks
MO
:-/

moe

« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2009, 02:51:29 pm »
How bout ear plugs or plug? Blocks out any noise. I put an eye pillow over my patched eye. One with mild flax seed or lavender that I can breathe in. Those roll on essentail  oils are good too- the sleep one. Bath and Body works carries them. Maybe you can get a prescription for trazodone at night. I take it too, and it works great.
Maureen
06/06-Translab 3x2.5 vascular L AN- MAMC,Tacoma WA
Facial nerve cut,reanastomosed.Tarsorrhaphy
11/06. Gold weight,tarsorrhaphy reversed
01/08- nerve transposition-(12/7) UW Hospital, Seattle
5/13/10 Gracilis flap surgery UW for smile restoration :)
11/10/10 BAHA 2/23/11 brow lift/canthoplasty

monaliysa

« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2009, 04:48:11 am »
Still haven't been able to sleep in spite of taking ambien cr, melatonin, and lunesta. I wear a mask over my eye. My roommate is a pain in the but..constantly falling out of bed which is a distraction but there are sometimes my roommate isn't in the room and I try to take a nap but nothing works.
If you have any new suggestions as I tried most of them here please let me know..
Mona aka monaliysa

saralynn143

• Sarey Sarey Quite Contrary
    • MVD diary
« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2009, 05:22:30 am »
Can you explain the problem and ask to be assigned a different roommate?
Sara
MVD for hemifacial spasm 6/2/08
left side facial paresis
 12/100 facial function - 7/29/08
 46 - 11/25/08
 53 - 05/12/09
left side SSD approx. 4 weeks
 low-frequency hearing loss; 85% speech recognition 7/28/08
1.8 gram thin profile platinum eyelid weight 8/12/08
Fitted for scleral lens 5/9/13

jcc1138

« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2009, 06:17:37 pm »
Dear Monaliysa:
I am one of the few who has to use a CPAP machine to sleep at night. Wonderful machine, but it does take some getting used to (I have used mine for 11,000+ hours). The nice thing about the machine is that it does make a nice white noise. I would recommend to use a nasal canula system (see www.cpapman.com/customhe.htm for the custom model that I use). The normal facemasks will allow for air to escape out the sides and dry your eye out. I also use a pirate patch and a moisture mask at night. The most important thing about CPAP is just relaxing and allowing the machine to work, don't try to fight it.

I do consider that I am becoming the accidential cyborg, with the route to a BAHA during the day and the CPAP at night...