Author Topic: Lyric hearing Aid?  (Read 2642 times)

sharonov

• 1.7 X 1.3 X 1.1. Retro sigmoid at House, Schwartz
Lyric hearing Aid?
« on: February 23, 2009, 11:15:20 am »
Hi,
I'm a watch-and-waiter (or would it be waitress?) in her 4th year of diagnosis.  I'd really like to improve my hearing and tried a hearing aid that worked wonderfully, except that it felt "funny" and within a few weeks of using it I developed trigeminal neuraligia.  Don't know if the hearing aid caused it, but since the TN occurred concurrently I returned it within my 30 day trial period and am terrified to get another of the same kind.  TN pain is almost indescribable, but if you ever saw "Marathon Man" you might get an idea.

Our local newpaper is carrying full page ads for the Lyric, which goes right up by the eardrum, is invisible (I really don't care aout that), is supposed to approximate natural hearing--dind of like the auditory equivalent of Lasix-- and I'm wondering if anyone has tried one.

HCSTARWIND

• attitude is 90%
Re: Lyric hearing Aid?
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2009, 11:13:17 pm »
Hi Sharonov,

I tried a hearing aid also in my left ear. I lasted about 30 days with it. The hyperacousis i was experiencing was a significant factor in returning it. Too much echo. I didn't improve my hearing at all. My hearing loss is considered mixed hearing loss. I also have otosclerosis and sensorineural hearing loss in the lt ear. Approx. 60-70% loss. I am getting by just fine. However, the tinnitus is constant and loud . I use background noise to sleep at night. I am adjusting to life with the noise now. Adaptation is what watching and waiting is all about. Of course continue to monitor the little bugger annually as recommended. Good luck. Helen
Dx, AN left IAC, 3x9x2x3mm. Now 5x5mm , Nov. 07. Watch and wait for now.