Author Topic: Anybody else's AN swell early?  (Read 1157 times)

Tisha

Anybody else's AN swell early?
« on: February 21, 2009, 03:20:50 pm »
My AN swelled at 3 weeks after cyberknife, leaving me with sudden hearing loss.  Dexamethasone brought it back, however today is the first day I'm down to one 4mg pill and I'm having distortion and a really bad metallic taste in my mouth, food tastes weird.  I understand that it's probably the swelling tumor now pressing on my trigenial nerve.

It's been a rough 10 days on the steroid, averaging 3 hours sleep a night.  Last night was better with an ambien, but only about 4-5 hours, but I wasn't restless and able to just lay in bed quietly instead of roaming the house.

Anyway, the steroids are almost over and the hearing is just not so terrific today.  I guess it's just hitting me hard early.  Has anybody else experienced this so soon and what happened?  I have to get off these steroids, I can't take the exhaustion much longer.  I wonder what will happen when I"m off of them.  I don't want to have sudden hearing loss again.  Also, did anyone have that and it came back withouth the steroids (I mean quickly, not months later)

Thanks
1.7 x 1.0 x .9 cm (diagnosed Oct 2008)
1.8 x 1.2 x 1.1 cm  (July 2010-swelling)
1.5 x .9 x .9 cm  (Mar 2013 - 5 yr MRI)
Cyberknife at Stanford, week of 1/12/09 -  Drs. Chang and Soltys