Author Topic: 2 months post ck  (Read 2614 times)

carter

2 months post ck
« on: March 12, 2009, 05:12:37 pm »
tuesday, i celebrated 8 weeks of time passing since ck ended!!!!

tuesday had a mri.   i hated the idea.   at teh appointed time a petite little lady called my name.  as we started to walk. i stopped her and asked what i was to have scanned and time frame.  she described the test and listened as i told of previous issues including teh last tech runningthe wrong test.

she had me change to scrubs and got me positioned.  she tehn explained all parts of the machine.she asked i had tried a wash cloth over the eyes.  she fastened me down -applied teh cloth - ran me in and right back out.  the asked how i was doing.  she fused over me and laid  pillow cases over my arms as i would not feel teh cold walls.  she asked what kind of music i liked.  when she ran me in, she got on teh mic quickly and started to talk to me.  she explained everything over teh speaker.  when teh noise level was to where i could hear, she talked.

when done, she said that she found the tech who messed up......  and suggested that he stay out. 

it is amazing how a person can make life better!!! 

when i went to dr - i made sure to tell him that she was a bright spot in my week.  i had actually got out of the mri without being uptight - upset - etc.   

teh dr said that he say no brain swelling.   glad fatigue is better.  gave script ofr muscle relaxers as my neck gets very tight / stiff.  the set appointment for 6 months to do it again...

i just know that he did not want to show me pictures of the little bast&^$^(rd screaming its death cries.

carter
Diagnosed in fall of 2008 with 1.6 * 2.9cm AN on left side. 

Scheduled CK at Oklahoma Cyber Knife in December, 2008 and decided not to proceede on 2nd date that CK was scheduled.  I fired them.

CK performed at St John's Hospital (Tulsa)Jan 2009

Tumbleweed

Re: 2 months post ck
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2009, 11:30:52 pm »
Carter:

That's great news that your doc saw no swelling. It would be slightly unusual to see it that early (8 weeks post-treatment), but it can happen.

You might consider taking an herbal sedative like valerian root extract about 40 minutes before your MRI is scheduled to begin, to keep you calm. I do that  and float right through my MRIs.

Best wishes,
TW
L. AN 18x12x9 mm @ diagnosis, 11/07
21x13x11 mm @ CK treatment 7/11/08 (Drs. Chang & Gibbs, Stanford)
21x15x13 mm in 12/08 (5 months post-CK), widespread necrosis, swelling
12x9x6 mm, Nov. 2017; shrank ~78% since treatment!
W&W on stable 6mm hypoglossal tumor found 12/08

mk

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2009, 07:33:15 am »
Carter,

this is great news that there is no swelling. I remember, when I had my 3 month post-GK MRI and it confirmed that I didn't have swelling I was SOOO relieved. Everything started looking so much more positive. Of course swelling can happen later on, but with ANs our size, immediate swelling is a big concern. It is too early yet to see any darkening, so this is probably why they didn't comment about this at this point.
Best wishes for continued success.

Marianna
GK on April 23rd 2008 for 2.9 cm AN at Toronto Western Hospital. Subsequent MRIs showed darkening initially, then growth. Retrosigmoid surgery on April 26th, 2011 with Drs. Akagami and Westerberg at Vancouver General Hospital. Graduallly lost hearing after GK and now SSD but no other issues.

suboo73

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2009, 12:59:04 pm »
Carter,  Awesome news!   ;)

My hope is for your continued (and uneventful) healing.
All the best!

Sue
suboo73
Little sister to Bigsister!
9mm X 6mm X 5mm
Misdiagnosed 12+ years?
Diagnosed Sept. 2008/MRI 4/09/MRI 12/09/MRI 1/21/11
Continued W & W