Author Topic: SBI Surgery behind me.  (Read 11013 times)

chopper

Re: SBI Surgery behind me.
« Reply #30 on: February 26, 2009, 03:33:24 pm »
I had no complications and because the procedure is less invasive, I was able to go back to work in 3 weeks. I had an MRI 8 months after and it showed that my tumor was resected completely.
Gloria

I'll back that up.  I returned to work exactly one month after date of surgery.  It could have been a week sooner, but I work in an extremely remote environment with little more than a nicely equipped first aid station, so it was better to be safe than sorry.

No complications, no regrowth, minimal scarring and no regrets.

However, insurance companies and their billing departments can kiss my rear.
3+cm AN, hit the chopping block 5 Sep 06 at the Skull Base Institute

Was 4.5cm at it's largest point, completely removed.  All motor functions normal.  Only complaint is SSD on the left side, which was expected anyway.

Seal

« Reply #31 on: February 26, 2009, 06:38:08 pm »

[/quote]
However, insurance companies and their billing departments can kiss my rear.
[/quote]

Chopper, that's the first good laugh I've had in awhile!    I enjoyed going back and reading your thread about endoscopic treatment.    It is great to have this forum and to search on these topics.   Your story is just as important now as it was back then, especially for me.    I'm 52, but I'm more active and in better shape than most 35 year olds.      So I'm hoping to get back to the running, biking, and off shore fishing when this is all over.    I have too many years and too much fun with my three kids to look forward too.     Thanks for putting your story up on the forum!

Steve
Diagnosed 1/14/09 - 2.4cm AN right side --- about 70% cycstic
Retrosigmoid wiih McKenna & Barker - total removal successful on April 13th. 
Issues: balance, facial & mouth numbness, hearing loss right side
Results:   numbness gone, balance is good, SSD right side. Great results.

chopper

« Reply #32 on: March 07, 2009, 07:55:53 am »
You'll be back on track with life sooner than you know when it's done.   It is seriously amazing how fast the recovery is.  Even the amount of time it takes for your body to adapt and fine tune itself again is amazing.
3+cm AN, hit the chopping block 5 Sep 06 at the Skull Base Institute

Was 4.5cm at it's largest point, completely removed.  All motor functions normal.  Only complaint is SSD on the left side, which was expected anyway.