Author Topic: Does your nerve pain come and go?  (Read 13643 times)

MAlegant

• 50th birthday party pic
Re: Does your nerve pain come and go?
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2009, 04:41:17 pm »
Cheryl,
Many of us on the forum experienced depression after surgery so I think it's a normal reaction to a frightening experience.  I re-visited my therapist and continued with low dose anti-depressants for a while.  Fortunately the depression is gone.
Yeah, I wonder about re-growth also but since it is rare and since I have no control over this, I try to keep this one on the back burner.
Marci
3cmx4cm trigeminal neuroma, involved all the facial nerves, dx July 8, 2008, tx July 22, 2008, home on July 24, 2008. Amazing care at University Hospitals in Cleveland.

mrgarlic

Re: Does your nerve pain come and go?
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2009, 10:50:46 pm »
Hi Marci, I am coming up on 90 days. My right lower jaw, teeth and tongue are still numb and tingly. My oddity is my surgical area. Once in a while it just seems to want me to know that it is still there. It causes no pain, pressure or tingle. My best description would be like when your hand falls alseep. To look at me there is no outward sign of surgery, however I now slur my words a little and my smile is gone. All and all, I am good to go. My next step in life is Wednesday I go to surgery for a torn rotator cuff. Comparing recoveries, I would rather have another tumor surgery. My Harley rides just got stopped for a few months. I can't really complain. I am 67 and still alive. This will my 6th surgery since 1999. I give God all the credit. For whatever reason he still wants me alive.      Larry
I am not the person I used to be,
 I am becoming the pereson I am.

AN surgery 2004- Trigeminal Neuroma  surgery scheduled    Nov 2oth 2008