Author Topic: Surgery scheduled  (Read 7539 times)

rkks

Re: Surgery scheduled
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2009, 12:36:34 pm »
Hi Steph,

Congratulations and best of luck with your surgery on March 4th!!!  You will be in our thoughts and prayers throughout your AN journey.  Hopefully your surgery and recuperation will go as well as what our son experienced with Skull Base Institute.  We know that the care you receive from Dr. Shahinian will be fantastic.

It was deeply satisifying to visit with you about our experince with Dr. S and the Skull Base Institute.  To update you a little bit about Jared's current condition - we spoke with him on Wednesday evening and he informed us that he is now driving and suffers no dizziness.  He also played in two intramural basketball games on Wednesday and said he is probably at 85% speed right now.  Just a week or so ago when he tried to play competitive basketball he would become dizzy when he tried to push it too much.  Jared says he is so much better than just 7-10 ago and is looking forward to complete recovery.

Please keep us informed of your surgery and if you have any more questions don't hesitate to call us anytime.

Take care.

Ron & Karen

Parents of Jared (age 19)
Right side AN (10x9x7 mm)
Diagnosed 9-17-08
Endoscopic surgery on 12-29-08
Skull Base Institute, Los Angeles
Dr. Hrayr Shahinian

highlife

Re: Surgery scheduled
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2009, 09:43:31 pm »
Ron and Karen
I am so excited for Jared.  Tell him how much I appreciate hearing his good news.  I would like to be back to taking dressage lessons on my Spanish mares this spring/summer and Jared's story gives me lots of home that I may get past the dizziness and balance issues, too.

Did you see that Boomer in the wait and watch group is having surgery on Feb 4 at SBI?

Steph
Rt ear AN - 10x6x4mm
dx 9/08
wait