Author Topic: Problems sleeping on AN side  (Read 1077 times)

Dawn

Problems sleeping on AN side
« on: January 21, 2009, 04:50:16 pm »
Hello everyone.

Another wierd question from me...lol

I know I have a small AN but when i lay on the left side or flat on  my back, I can't stay in that position that long due to pressure/increase sensations of pressure in my head. I'm not really describing it well as it is hard to put into words other than the fact that it doesn't feel right.  I am worried about having to lay on my back for a long time when i go for MRI in March.

Has anyone else had these problems/symptoms?
Diagnosed 12/08...4mm Left AN in IAC...Wait and Watch for now...Next MRI scheduled for 8/09 Doctors not sure if its AN, Lipoma or Hemangioma????

Also diagnosed with Chiari I Malformation - looking into options for that

JohnnyDiaz

Re: Problems sleeping on AN side
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2009, 05:10:55 pm »
I felt like some pressure on the left side of my head when lying down mostly. During my MRI (prior to surgery) they had a small thin pillow that made it comfortable (as an MRI can be :P). I wonder if you can take maybe a small thin pillow or a folded towel to help. At the hospital they had me on this weird yellow foam pillow which was totally not comfortable but I would use it to prop me up. Hope this helps.
Diagnosed 6/08 - 2.5 cm Left AN
9.5hr surgery 10/7/08 w/Dr. Chandler and Dr. Green Baptist Hospital - Jax, Fl
Post Op Complications - Additional Surgeries 10/12 & 10/13
SSD on Left
7 months later I feel great!!!

Dawn

Re: Problems sleeping on AN side
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2009, 09:53:09 pm »
Thank you I will try bringing something with me.....hopefully it works

Diagnosed 12/08...4mm Left AN in IAC...Wait and Watch for now...Next MRI scheduled for 8/09 Doctors not sure if its AN, Lipoma or Hemangioma????

Also diagnosed with Chiari I Malformation - looking into options for that