Author Topic: Hearing aids and dizziness  (Read 2118 times)

Syl

• Forgive me. I'm having an AN moment.
Hearing aids and dizziness
« on: January 21, 2009, 03:54:49 pm »
Hello fellow ANers,

I'v been trying out my new hearing aid for about 3 weeks now. Just when I got my hearing aid, I also got a really bad cold or maybe it was the flu. The bug is gone, but I've been left with more dizziness that what has been my "normal". Well now I'm wondering if the hearing aid could be to blame and not the bug I had. A friend who is not an AN patient and who also wears a hearing aid had mentioned to me that when she wears her hearing aid, she gets dizzy. Has anyone noticed any such corelation?

Syl
1.5cm AN rt side; Retrosig June 16, 2008; preserved facial and hearing nerves;
FINALLY FREE OF CHRONIC HEADACHES 4.5 years post-op!!!!!!!
Drs. Kato, Blumenfeld, and Cheung.

Syl

• Forgive me. I'm having an AN moment.
Re: Hearing aids and dizziness
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2009, 12:13:02 am »
I saw my audiologist today and asked her about hearing aids and dizziness. Dizziness can result from the amplification of sound for people with a specific syndrome--which I don't have and don't remember what it's called.

Syl
1.5cm AN rt side; Retrosig June 16, 2008; preserved facial and hearing nerves;
FINALLY FREE OF CHRONIC HEADACHES 4.5 years post-op!!!!!!!
Drs. Kato, Blumenfeld, and Cheung.

Richey

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2009, 11:32:12 am »
I have been wearing my bi-cross aids for over two years and they have never made me dizzy. In fact I feel a little more in balance due to picking up the sounds off the deaf side.

Give your brain a little while to adjust and maybe it will go away. I know when I first got no line bi-focals the lady told me it would take a weeks or so for my brain to train my eyes to use them properly and she was correct.

LADavid

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2009, 10:45:45 pm »
Hey Syl

I've had my hearing aid for over a year.  I don't notice any particular difference in balance when and when I'm not wearing it.
Right ear tinnitus w/80% hearing loss 1985.
Left ear 40% hearing loss 8/07.
1.5 CM Translab Rt ear.
Sort of quiet around here.
http://my.calendars.net/AN_Treatments