Author Topic: Now, even more confused ... and in tears....  (Read 43584 times)

Larry

• Scallywags Rule
    • Chronologer of the PBW
Re: Now, even more confused ... and in tears....
« Reply #195 on: April 25, 2006, 08:19:59 am »
Greg,

The treatment that I will probably be having, if my growth gets bigger (better not ya b....ar or else!) will be gammaknife. Well, the machine they use in Sydney (Prince of Wales) is a Linac machine but the process is very similar and is a sub-set of gammaknife treatment. I understand that it is also done at Royal Melbourne. Apparantly, Dr Smee at Pronce of Wales is the guru here and is widely respected. I can remember someone posting a compliment from Dr Chang in the U.S, if my memory is right - who knows.

Anyway, he's a pretty good guy, very open, drew the graghs, outlined the procedure and was full on with info without me asking. I have learned a few more questions to ask since being on this board though, including the afterwards bits.
 A positive is that he does it under Medicare - free, yes free. You can see him as a provate patient or under Medicare but I found that he gave me more time as a private patient.

There is a very basic website tyhat hasn't been updated for years at www.ausrs.com.au. You can always call him I suppose.

Laz
2.0cm AN removed Nov 2002.
Dr Chang St Vincents, Sydney
Australia. Regrowth discovered
Nov 2005. Watch and wait until 2010 when I had radiotherapy. 20% shrinkage and no change since - You beauty
Chronologer of the PBW
http://www.frappr.com/laz