Author Topic: Just Ringing In....and maybe Whining a little  (Read 2655 times)

Danny2006

Just Ringing In....and maybe Whining a little
« on: April 24, 2006, 04:34:42 pm »
Thanks everyone for all the post.

I have learned a lot on this site, and confused myself a few times to...It didn’t take long for me to decide that I wanted this thing out of my head, that I know for sure. It just seems that I am running into roadblocks everywhere I turn. As some of you know, I am active duty Army at this time. I really want to go to House Clinic; However, I have to get permission from my command and from my insurance company (Tricare). I hope to find out tomorrow if I can get authorization from command, I have my fingers crossed.
        My doc. at Vanderbilt wants to do translab or retrosigmoid. I have very good hearing in AN ear and really want to keep as much as possible. I have sent my MRI to House Clinic, haven’t heard back yet, hopefully they will feel that I am a candidate for middle fossa. Another problem is that I can’t get my surgery at Vanderbilt  till end of June or early July. I don’t want to wait that long. I don't sleep very well anyhow, and stress over this isn’t helping.
Sorry to go on and on.....I will let you know how it turns out...

Thanks Danny
10mmx8mm AN (facial nerve neuroma) found Feb. 06
Surgery at House Clinic on 02June06,

Battyp

Re: Just Ringing In....and maybe Whining a little
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2006, 05:53:51 pm »
Please keep your hands in feet in the cart at all times...Isn't that what they say when you are boarding the roller coaster? 

Danny I know it's frustrating, confusing, stressful and just plain sucky! :'(
Hang in there!
Keep us posted!  Know we're here for you  :)

Captain Deb

• Phearless Phyll and Captain Deb!
    • Captain Deb
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2006, 06:23:10 pm »
Hey Danny
If you go to the profile section of your stats and click on modify profile, you can post the size of your tumor and general status of treatment where it says signature--this gives us folks on the forum a frame of reference on you.  There is a thread in "pre-treatment" from another military person whose wife had successful tumor removal thanks to a couple of really good army surgeons--if you can't get cleared for House, maybe you can use the same docs.  You can send a private message to the person who started the thread by clicking on his name.

Good Luck
Captain Deb
(Seafarin' pirate wench captain, not Army Captain ;D)
"You only have two choices, having fun or freaking out"-Jimmy Buffett
50-ish with a 1x.7x.8cm.AN
Mid-fossa HEI, Jan 03 Friedman & Hitselberger
Chronic post-op headaches
Captain & Designated Driver of the PBW

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2006, 06:35:24 pm »
Danny,

Sounds like a winning plan and hoping the insurance/military comes through for you.  We're here, cheering you on and know that you are going to be fine...

watch out for the batty one.. and as for our Pirate Wench, she certainly knows House and what they can do (if you are able to go)...

Hang tough soldier!  We're covering you from all angles! :)

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Battyp

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2006, 08:50:38 pm »
Hey what did I do?  LOL 
I'm relatively harmless when not allowed out of my cage  LOL :-*

Pembo

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2006, 07:12:00 am »
Hey Danny! That is great news about the possibility of House. Hopefully they can schedule you sooner. I know I just wanted it out of my head asap! Hang tough!
Surgery June 3, 2004, University Hospitals Cleveland, BAHA received in 2005, Facial Therapy at UPMC 2006