Author Topic: Wondering  (Read 6085 times)

andy p

Re: Wondering
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2009, 02:57:19 am »
Tracy
My wife has a AN 2.3cm we are in the UK and I was trying to find out more info about the Cyberknife treatment not sure if its Gama or proton we have a meeting 11th Feb with a Gama unit, like you she is a teacher two kids 14, & 11. She will be 50th this year.
Things happen so slow here its now been 4 months with no time scale of an action plan, wonder if we should look at treatment in the US.
Good Luck
Andy P

JohnnyDiaz

Re: Wondering
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2009, 09:23:18 pm »
Found out in June of 2008 that my AN was 2.5 left ear. Here is why I chose to go surgery.

1. I am 39 years old and figured that if I did CK and it started to grow back 10 years from now... then I would be 49 and health may be different.
2. Not very good at MRI's and the thought of yearly MRI's watching my AN... not good for me personally.
3. Met a few people that have had the surgery and noticed from the treatments that the surgeries have improved over the years.
4. Figured that surgery may be bigger issue now, but Lord willing with the tumor out... no future issues.

These are some of the reasons why I felt surgery was right for me. I knew that I had to do something and was blessed with great Drs.

Main Points

Think Positive / Pray for Guidance / Ask Questions.
Diagnosed 6/08 - 2.5 cm Left AN
9.5hr surgery 10/7/08 w/Dr. Chandler and Dr. Green Baptist Hospital - Jax, Fl
Post Op Complications - Additional Surgeries 10/12 & 10/13
SSD on Left
7 months later I feel great!!!