Author Topic: 3 weeks post op, and back to work next week  (Read 1188 times)

Mooretis

3 weeks post op, and back to work next week
« on: December 31, 2008, 12:15:59 pm »
I had my surgery 3 weeks ago on my 2.1 cm AN, and have luckily had amazing results.   I met with the doctor yesterday and he gave me the thumbs up to return to work next week.   I know my results have not been the typical recovery period, and I was very lucky to not have any facial issues or complications, but I feel it is the result of an amazing surgical team.  I did have taste issues, the metallic taste briefly, and issues getting used to SSD, but I would consider them minor in the grand scheme of things.  While everyone's experience with surgery will undoubtedly vary, I wanted to share my results so if there is anyone in the Kansas City area facing the decision, I could point them to Dr. Leutje.   He has been an amazing doctor, one which my friends and family could not say enough about.  I had a very difficult time choosing between surgery or CK, ultimately went with my gut, and have not regretted it for a minute.

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
Re: 3 weeks post op, and back to work next week
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2008, 01:45:26 pm »
Mooreetis:

Thanks for sharing the news of your successful surgery as well as your swift and uncomplicated recovery.  Having had a similar experience, I can understand your elation.  Sure, a few minor issues and one not-so-minor: unilateral hearing loss, but on balance, you came through the AN minefield with only a few 'scratches'.  Congratulations!  :) 

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
Re: 3 weeks post op, and back to work next week
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2008, 04:22:16 pm »
Congratulations on the back-to-work milestone, Mooretis.  It's wonderful you are feeling well enough to return after only 4 weeks.

I returned to work 2 1/2 weeks post op, but I only worked part-time since I found I tired very easily and I still had some "wonky head" issues.  By the time I started working full-time @ 4 weeks post op, I felt much better but I was still exhausted by the time I got home at night.  So, make sure you get enough rest and don't overdo it.

Also, thanks for the tip on the doc in the Kansas City area; very helpful for those watching & waiting in your area - and to newbies.  IMO all AN patients should be referred to amazing doctors  :)

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways