Author Topic: How bad is the recovery for a weight?  (Read 3091 times)

cate4Him

How bad is the recovery for a weight?
« on: December 30, 2008, 12:37:31 am »
Okay, I have been considering a weight. I am 9yrs post op. I am just not up for pain and bruising. How bad is the recovery? and what about the bump? I gotta say I am feeling really discouraged, yet something has to change. I have called a surgeon, just waiting for a phone consultation .

saralynn143

• Sarey Sarey Quite Contrary
    • MVD diary
Re: How bad is the recovery for a weight?
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2008, 07:46:08 am »
My recovery was not bad at all. Although the doctor warned me that I might have a black eye for up to four weeks, I looked like I was wearing purple eye shadow for several days, and that was it. No bruising under or around the eye at all -- and I am someone who bruises very easily.

The weight is not noticeable when my eye is open, but is easy to see when it is shut. I have a heavy weight (1.8 grams) but my lid does not droop at all.

I have had my weight for about four months now. It helps keep my eye shut while I am sleeping, but I am still far from blinking. Still, I have to use far less ointment and drops than before.

For me, the weight was a giant step toward normalcy as I could ditch the patches. I wish I had done it even earlier (I was about 10 weeks post-op).

Sara
MVD for hemifacial spasm 6/2/08
left side facial paresis
 12/100 facial function - 7/29/08
 46 - 11/25/08
 53 - 05/12/09
left side SSD approx. 4 weeks
 low-frequency hearing loss; 85% speech recognition 7/28/08
1.8 gram thin profile platinum eyelid weight 8/12/08
Fitted for scleral lens 5/9/13

Kaybo

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2008, 09:34:43 am »
I posted on your other thread...

K
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

Joef

• ** I rather be Kayak Fishing **
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2008, 10:11:30 am »
Its was nothing.... did it on a Friday... 8am .. was home watching TV by 9am ... needed some pain meds by noon, it did hurt a little.... Sat was just a little sore, but I did not need anything for it.. Monday was back to work....
4 cm AN/w BAHA Surgery @House Ear Clinic 08/09/05
Dr. Brackmann, Dr. Hitselberger, Dr. Stefan and Dr. Joni Doherty
1.7 Gram Gold Eye weight surgery on 6/8/07 Milford,CT Hospital

jazzfunkanne

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2008, 12:16:12 pm »
i went in as a day patient in the morning and was back home by teatime, theres nothing too it, i got the stitches out 1 week later ,at first it just closed half way then about 4 month after the op it came all the way down. I didnt need any pain killers, and there was not alot of bruising. And i must add it was the best thing i have done it cuts down on all the eye infections.
over 4.5cm AN removed dec 06

golden

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2009, 09:43:52 am »
I went in the a.m. and was home by lunch time. I didn't need any pain killers. Had swelling and brusing (looked like I had been in a boxing match lol) Got the stitches removed in a week. I can now can take a shower and my eye closes and seals. I am glad I had it done. I am now waiting to have my left brow lifted so I can see better out of my eye. I wish I could have both brows lifted. I look funny with wrinkles on the right side but, not on the left lol. Good luck and I hope all goes well.