Author Topic: 3 months post CK  (Read 2352 times)

sher

3 months post CK
« on: December 23, 2008, 11:26:12 pm »
Hi Everyone,
I am just at 3 month's post CK. I have extreme fatique, acheyness, dizzyness and just feel not myself at all. Did anyone experience this? I am so looking forward to getting back to having alittle more energy. Have not had much since CK.  :P
1.2cm x 0.6 cm extracanicular component (7 mm) 05/08/08
MRI in AUG 08  showed 30 % growth
Having CK 9/30, 10/1 and 10/2/08
1/12/08 MRI shows swelling

Tumbleweed

Re: 3 months post CK
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2008, 01:44:42 am »
Hi, Sher:

Sorry to hear you're not feeling well. I don't think you should be concerned, however, as your symptoms sound "normal" for those who have had CK.

Based on the experience of other post-CKers on this board, your fatigue should pass soon. Everyone seems to be different in how CK impacts them. For me, I had very extreme fatigue for a full month immediately after CK and didn't regain my energy fully until 2 months had passed. It sounds like your fatigue is hitting you later on, but this isn't uncommon.

I, too, suffer from dizziness, although it's usually very brief and fairly mild spells that only happen about once every day or two. This is in addition to the wonkyheadedness that has plagued me for the past 8 years since my AN began to cause symptoms to arise.

Have you tried taking Rhodiola rosea for your fatigue? It's an herbal extract that helped my energy level immensely and immediately. You might be able to find it at your local natural foods store.

I hope you feel better soon.

Best wishes,
Tumbleweed
L. AN 18x12x9 mm @ diagnosis, 11/07
21x13x11 mm @ CK treatment 7/11/08 (Drs. Chang & Gibbs, Stanford)
21x15x13 mm in 12/08 (5 months post-CK), widespread necrosis, swelling
12x9x6 mm, Nov. 2017; shrank ~78% since treatment!
W&W on stable 6mm hypoglossal tumor found 12/08

Pascale

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2008, 03:11:50 pm »
Hello

I had fatigue for about 1 month, on my 3rd month. Felt lazy, didn't wanna do anything, go anywhere, got tired easily....I just took it easy and tok on some "peacefull" hobbies like painting or Sudoku each night and it was good.

Don't worry too much, I guess we all feel it some point. Just take it easy if possible and it will go away.

Hope you feel better and Happy holidays! :D
2.1 x 1.8 x 1.7 cm AN.
CyberKnife treatment completed on 09/12/2008 with Dr. Chang and Dr. Gibbs at Stanford.

:D

fbarbera

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2008, 10:06:20 am »
Hi Sher,

Yes, I had a range of similar symptoms for several months after CK.  I write about the progression of my symptoms after treatment (month to month) in the "Post-Treatment" section of my website below.  Right now, your AN and surrounding areas are irritated and swollen.  Good news is that the symptoms pass as the swelling and irritation begin to recede -- according to my docs, usually in 6 - 12 months, sometimes longer.  In my own case, it took until around 8 months and then i got even better at the 1 yr mark.  Hang in there.  You'll be fine.   

Best,
Francesco   

sher

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2009, 08:44:26 pm »
Thank you everyone for your replies. I am now trying to decide on steriods. I have really been trying not to take them, but it is getting hairy. I will hang in.
Thanks,
Sher
1.2cm x 0.6 cm extracanicular component (7 mm) 05/08/08
MRI in AUG 08  showed 30 % growth
Having CK 9/30, 10/1 and 10/2/08
1/12/08 MRI shows swelling