Author Topic: MRI rotten news  (Read 8137 times)

highlife

Re: MRI rotten news
« Reply #15 on: December 25, 2008, 12:11:37 pm »
I'm finding "watch and wait" harder than it seems.  Can't keep from wondering if one day I'll wake up without hearing in my AN ear, or whether my face will be numb.  It's also hard to hear that these things can regrow so nasty.  I wonder if a person ought to do both surgery and GK as routine treatment once hearing is lost.  I'm talking to Skull Base Institute in LA next week for a second opinion.
Best wishes to you.  I remember feeling stunned when my doc called with my first MRI report and said that she was so sorry.  Now I know why.
Steph
Rt ear AN - 10x6x4mm
dx 9/08
wait

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #16 on: December 25, 2008, 04:27:57 pm »
Steph ('highlife'):

If your doctor concurs, I would recommend having surgery, then radiation as this seems to be a very sensible approach.  My neurosurgeon proposed this tactic and it was very successful, in my case.  Certainly worth looking into as it is not something revolutionary or experimental.  I wish you luck with whatever you choose.  :)

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

MAlegant

• 50th birthday party pic
« Reply #17 on: December 25, 2008, 10:16:58 pm »
Sorry Laz, that sucks, no question about it.  I hope this time you can radiate instead.  I'm sure you can handle it no matter what, but I'm truly sorry.  Regrowth is a big fear for all of us, but so many have had to go through it, and they have done well.  I'm sending you good thoughts; if only they didn't have so far to go!  ;)
Marci
3cmx4cm trigeminal neuroma, involved all the facial nerves, dx July 8, 2008, tx July 22, 2008, home on July 24, 2008. Amazing care at University Hospitals in Cleveland.

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #18 on: December 25, 2008, 10:55:59 pm »
Laz -

I'm with the others, this does truly suck  :(

I'm so sorry that you have to go through AN treatment not once, but twice.

I wish there were more I could say or do; please know that we are all here for you.

Jan

Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

wendysig

« Reply #19 on: December 27, 2008, 04:27:30 pm »
Hi Larry,

So sorry to hear about your AN growth.  Good luck with whatever treatment you decide on.  I hope that bleeping thing dies a quiet death!  You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Wendy
1.3 cm at time of diagnosis -  April 9, 2008
2 cm at time of surgery
SSD right side translabyrinthine July 25, 2008
Mt. Sinai Hospital, New York, NY
Extremely grateful for the wonderful Dr. Choe & Dr. Chen
BAHA surgery 1/5/09
Doing great!