Author Topic: Seattle needs help  (Read 5830 times)

BBrock

Seattle needs help
« on: December 19, 2008, 10:02:07 am »
As a Newbie in the Seattle area any recommendations on a Doctor?

Erocks720

Re: Seattle needs help
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2008, 06:24:05 pm »
Have you tried Dr. Mangham at the Seattle Ear Clinic? His website:  http://www.seattleear.com/   I had surgery with him in March of this year. Let me know if you have any questions.

Jill Marie

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2008, 11:30:27 pm »
Dr. Mangham did my surgery in 92, was sent to him for an AN turned out to be a Facial Neuroma.  Thankfully he did the surgery as my insurance co. told me to go with someone in the system that wasn't qualified to do my surgery.  Dr. Mangham got everyone involved from hospital to his assistant to agree to take whatever the insurance company would pay so he could do the surgery.  I didn't have any complications, the only problems I have are because of the surgery not because of the way he did the surgery.  If you have questions feel free to ask.  My post is short because I just spent almost 2 hours shoveling snow and I'm beat.  Jill
Facial Nerve Neuroma removed 6/15/92 by Dr. Charles Mangham, Seattle Ear Clinic. Deaf/left ear, left eye doesn't water.

Raydean

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2008, 03:51:58 pm »

I agree with the above posts regarding Dr. Charles Mangham.  He is excellent, with experience.  He's one of those Doctor's that has seen it all and has probably done it all.  I had a ton of questions for him and he always answered my questions.  I know that Dr. Mangham went the extra mile for my husband.  Years later i still remain thankful that Dr. Mangham was a part of our lives when we needed him most.

Additional Doctors to consider

Dr. Sandra Vermeulen.  Dr Vermeulen would be the Doctor to see for the radiation option.    Dr. Vermeulen is currently co director of the CK clinic in Seattle, but she is  extremely knowledgable in all areas of radiation treatment.  In fact she's a board member of IRSA.  A google search should provide a phone number.  If i needed radiation treatment for any medical reason, she'd be the one I'd see first.

Other Doctors in the Seattle area

Dr Douglas Backous of Virginia Mason

Dr James Rasis   Dr Rasis, was nearing retirement, or at least talking about it, He was located in the Heath Building next to Swedish.

Sorry I'm not as familiar with the Doctor's at the U of W and have been out of the loop for the past couple of years

Best to you
Raydean

Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

learning

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2010, 09:48:30 am »
Doug Backous, MD will be joining the Swedish Neuroscience Institute (550 17th Ave. 5th floor of the James Tower at the Cherry Hill Campus) of Seattle's Swedish Medical Center begining in August.  You can make an appointment by calling 206-320-2800. 

moe

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2010, 07:38:30 pm »
BBrock had surgery I think in June 09 at UW, but good to know about Dr. Backous for any other people wondering.
Maureen
06/06-Translab 3x2.5 vascular L AN- MAMC,Tacoma WA
Facial nerve cut,reanastomosed.Tarsorrhaphy
11/06. Gold weight,tarsorrhaphy reversed
01/08- nerve transposition-(12/7) UW Hospital, Seattle
5/13/10 Gracilis flap surgery UW for smile restoration :)
11/10/10 BAHA 2/23/11 brow lift/canthoplasty

jkchum

« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2017, 04:19:20 pm »
Had recent surgery for a 4.5 tumor on Monday March 6, 2017 with Dr. Manuel Ferrera.   He was able to completely remove the tumor and no facial paralysis.   Please look into him for surgery,  he is at the UWMC in Seattle.