Author Topic: AN Magic Scarf travel history...  (Read 11638 times)

Kaybo

Re: AN Magic Scarf travel history...
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2011, 06:33:06 am »
Great pics, Nancy!!

Yep, Clarice is a rock star...or maybe Wonder Woman!!

K   ;D
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

cindyj

« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2011, 01:13:23 pm »
Hey, Nancy :-* You LA guys are SO great!  Thanks for meeting w/ Clarice - know it meant a bunch to her...great pic of all of you (and the Scarf :D).  It sure worked the magic on Clarice - she has done so very well!

Hope all is well for you out there!

Cindy
rt side 1.5 cm - Translab on 11/07/08 Dr. Friedman & Dr. Schwartz of House Ear Institute,
feeling great!

"Life consists not in holding good cards, but in playing well those you do hold."  Josh Billings

1cANAdian

• I'm just 1cANAdian
« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2011, 11:29:40 pm »
Happy New Year To All ANers!

Looks like the Magic Scarf is still working its magic (hence the name).  Cindy, you did a terrific job in giving a bit of history of the travels of the scarf.  Not long after I had a chance to model it, it seems to vanish.  Glad to see it is making the rounds and making people smile.  It has been ages since I check into this forum and for fun I thought I would look to see if the scarf had located again.  I re-added the photo I originally posted back into Photobucket so anyone checking out that, now ancient, link (which you mentioned at the start of this thread) will actually get the photo along with the words. 

Cheers & keep providing positive support to all those to come to this site for support.
Right side trans lab surgery on Dec 8th, 2008
4+ cm AN removed
Post Op Symptoms: SSD, tinnitus, facial numbness, minor balance issues, weakened facial nerve
Attitude: POSITIVE

CHD63

• Life is good again!!
« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2011, 09:39:04 am »
I am red-faced to admit I still have the magic scarf.  It is alive and well and awaiting a new recipient.  I just did not get my act together to send it on to anyone before now.  If there is someone who would like to have it, please PM me your address and I will ship it out pronto!

Clarice
Right MVD for trigeminal neuralgia, 1994, Pittsburgh, PA
Left retrosigmoid 2.6 cm AN removal, February, 2008, Duke U
Tumor regrew to 1.3 cm in February, 2011
Translab AN removal, May, 2011 at HEI, Friedman & Schwartz
Oticon Ponto Pro abutment implant at same time; processor added August, 2011

cindyj

« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2012, 06:49:58 pm »
Hey, Clarice, glad to know the scarf is safe w/ you!  Wonder if the AN calendar is used anymore?  I am guessing most newbies have no idea about the Magic Scarf and may not read this thread.  I will try to look around a bit tomorrow to see if I can figure out who might have treatment upcoming in the near future. I just have not been able to keep up with all the newbies here lately.  Anyone out there know off the top of their heads?

Cindy
rt side 1.5 cm - Translab on 11/07/08 Dr. Friedman & Dr. Schwartz of House Ear Institute,
feeling great!

"Life consists not in holding good cards, but in playing well those you do hold."  Josh Billings

mindyandy

• Loving Life
« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2012, 07:31:39 pm »
Stephanie aka Staresfoot (sp)? She has surgery on the 25th of this month
14mm dx 9/07. CK done Seattle  1 year MRI showed some shrinkage. 4 year MRI 2mm growth nothing conclusive. Trigminal nerve involvment Retrosigmoid Friedmand/Schwartz HEI March 7,2012

CHD63

• Life is good again!!
« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2012, 07:18:17 am »
Good suggestion.  If she does not see this, let me follow up on that.  Thanks!!

Clarice
Right MVD for trigeminal neuralgia, 1994, Pittsburgh, PA
Left retrosigmoid 2.6 cm AN removal, February, 2008, Duke U
Tumor regrew to 1.3 cm in February, 2011
Translab AN removal, May, 2011 at HEI, Friedman & Schwartz
Oticon Ponto Pro abutment implant at same time; processor added August, 2011