Author Topic: This week (12/14) in the Rowdy AN World  (Read 1500 times)

LADavid

This week (12/14) in the Rowdy AN World
« on: December 14, 2008, 07:33:49 pm »
So it looks like things are slowing down a little as we near the end of the year.

Tomorrow (Monday) Lois White (Boppie) is celebrating her 3rd year Translab anniversary.  Congratulations, Boppie.  Have many more.

And on Tuesday, Syl is celebrating her 6 month anniversary.  Yea Syl!

Also on Tuesday, Helene (catlover) from Hassleholm, Sweden is having a procedure to kill the balance nerve with drugs.  I'm not sure what that is, but I think I do something like that with vodka.  Helene is scheduled for surgery in March -- and I am thinking this is a preliminary procedure.  Lycka till!, Helene.

Then on Thursday, April (April 428) from Charlotte NC, is having a Translab at Duke Hospital in Raleigh.  Best wishes April for a very successful surgery and a speedy recovery.  Will your husband update us?

And that's it for the week.

Today, the LA ANer's braved a biting cold 50 degree but sunny day to meet at a deli in West Hollywood (why we even wore sweaters).  We're up to four now -- Francesco, Lainie, Nancy, and me!  And since this is Hollywood, we of course made a movie of our get together that Lainie will try to post.  Anyone else in LA want to join us -- I'm sure we're getting together to welcome Rick and Marci to town in January.

Have a great week everyone.

David
« Last Edit: December 14, 2008, 07:39:20 pm by LADavid »
Right ear tinnitus w/80% hearing loss 1985.
Left ear 40% hearing loss 8/07.
1.5 CM Translab Rt ear.
Sort of quiet around here.
http://my.calendars.net/AN_Treatments

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
Re: This week (12/14) in the Rowdy AN World
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2008, 07:05:29 am »
David -

just how many languages do you know??  You are multi-talented  ;D

Congratulations to Boppie and Syl - may you both have many, many more uneventful AN anniversaries.

Good luck to Helene and April - my prayers are with you both.

50 degrees in LA?  My sympathies.  It was about 10 degrees here in Chicago yesterday - and that's not even considering the wind chill.  My hair, still damp from the shower, actually froze while I was out on my driveway scraping the ice off my windshield.  I think an icicle formed on my BAHA abutment, too.  And Lori tells me there was about 3 inches of snow in Tennessee recently  :o  50's looking mighty good to me.

I'd love to exchange my parka for a sweater LOL  Someone book me on the next plane to LA, please  ;)

Jan

Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways