Author Topic: what would you want back ?  (Read 6682 times)

Captain Deb

• Phearless Phyll and Captain Deb!
    • Captain Deb
Re: what would you want back ?
« Reply #45 on: December 11, 2008, 01:00:27 pm »
There are times where I would swap some facial paralysis or eye problems for the headache issues I've had for the past 6 years.  I can't exercise without giving myself a whopping headache or roughhouse with my grandkids either. The meds I have to take for the headaches make me feel dumb as a box of rocks and leave me unable to think clearly enough to paint more than a few strokes a day.  They have also given me osteoporosis which I have to take more meds for. Yuck. Give me a crooked smile anyday.

Capt Deb :-[
"You only have two choices, having fun or freaking out"-Jimmy Buffett
50-ish with a 1x.7x.8cm.AN
Mid-fossa HEI, Jan 03 Friedman & Hitselberger
Chronic post-op headaches
Captain & Designated Driver of the PBW

Kaybo

« Reply #46 on: December 12, 2008, 08:25:17 am »
Deb~
I would GLADLY keep my crooked smile to continue to keep the headaches away!  I had some whoppers before surgery, but I doubt they pale in comparison to what you have - I pray all the time for you and in thanks that I only have all that I do!!

K
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

cherrypiper

• Hope is what this is all about
« Reply #47 on: December 14, 2008, 08:22:16 pm »
if i smiled as greatly as Lori ....................wow id want that back too............

in my case my rt side of face, my an side, to go back up. it is really the only residual "problem" i have as it affects my dentures too...............

But those are still MINOR for me cause its gone , wasnt cancerous, and hasnt come back ...........Big things there......other things little by comparison   ;D 8)
10 mm x 2.4mm surgery date 12/03/07

glad to be here

lori67

« Reply #48 on: December 15, 2008, 10:02:44 pm »
Aw, thanks!  I think I'm blushing!   ;D

You're right though - sometimes we need to remind ourselves that the "minor" inconveniences we are left with after treatment are definitely small in comparison to the actual AN.  Sometimes I need a little kick in the butt to remember that!   :-\

Lori
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.