Author Topic: Only me .... with another question .... cold weather .....  (Read 1989 times)

Denisex2boys

Only me .... with another question .... cold weather .....
« on: December 03, 2008, 02:10:14 pm »
So, for the past couple of weeks I have been getting out for some really, really, long walks - (drunken sailor wobble) is getting a wee bit better ..... anyway while not officially winter we do have snow, winds and it has been really, really cold.  I am so NOT the fashioneesta outside and resemble more the michelin man ... anyway - even with a hat, scarf and all the other garb my facial weakness seems so much worse - - I can hardly carrry on an intelligent conversation - it's like I have marbles in my mouth!  I do have a slight impediment right now anyway due to the tip of my tongue and side of tongue feeling almost 'burnt' - I have been practicing my s's - as I seem to be lisping somewhat ..... but is this the new 'normal' when outside in the cold - to feel all that more frozen on the face - in the sense that it will not move freely ?????

Oh the joys!

Oh and I was told the other day that my AN eye looked liked a glass eye :(
- Oct. 16/08 - 12 hour 'blob-ectomy' at LHSC in London, ON - Dr. Lownie and Parnes
- Some internal facial numbness (cheek, tongue, eye), SSD, headaches (getting better), dry eye, some balance issues..... but othwise AWESOME!

Cheryl R

Re: Only me .... with another question .... cold weather .....
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2008, 02:42:21 pm »
It is a problem for me in that the face tightens up when out in the cold.           Some warm heat to it helps when back in if want to.         Warm cloth or something heated up in the microwave.
   One more annoyance!                             Cheryl R
Right mid fossa 11-01-01
  left tumor found 5-03,so have NF2
  trans lab for right facial nerve tumor
  with nerve graft 3-23-06
   CSF leak revision surgery 4-07-06
   left mid fossa 4-17-08
   near deaf on left before surgery
   with hearing much improved .
    Univ of Iowa for all care

hruss

• young and cheerful!
    • I made this group to help others!! (the group is in Bulgarian and in English)
Re: Only me .... with another question .... cold weather .....
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2008, 05:34:11 am »
I agree with CherylR! Doctors told me not to go out in cold days and only to walk around in these days if it is absolutely necessary. They also told me to heat up a bottle in the microwave and fold a towel around to put to my face. Facial nerve likes warmth!

hopes it helps!
Hrissy
4.5cm right AN pressing on the brain stem, dn Sept 2007
2 Retrosigm surgeries in Oct 2007 and Jan 2008 by the Bulgarian prof. Kyrkeselian partially removed.
3rd retro surgery in Hannover,Germany by prof Samii, Oct 2008. SSD
Got rid of my bugger, temp facial paresis
hrissysexperiences.blogspot.co