Author Topic: Wife having neck pain - muscular?? or maybe AN related??  (Read 1224 times)

diverjeff

Wife having neck pain - muscular?? or maybe AN related??
« on: December 01, 2008, 08:08:38 pm »
Hello all,

Last MRI in August has wife in W&W status. Recently, she has complained of a stiff neck on left side. Enough so she has to turn her whole body to look left. Tonight the pain has moved to the right ear (AN side) and down the shoulder. She still has to turn body to look left but can rotate her head to the right with no problem or pain. Family Doc says muscular and has her taking Flexoril and Naproxen. He knows about the AN also.

Can and does the AN affect or cause neck pain? She has no facial pain, pasley or tinitus. We are just concerned that she may need to have another MRI just in case.

Appreciate any ideas or help.

Happy Holidays,

DJ
A father gave his son a stick and asked him to break it.  The son broke the stick with ease.  Next the father bound some sticks together and asked his son to break them. No matter how he tried the son could not break the sticks.  The father said, "That my son, is the strength of a family."

Palace

• Palace
Re: Wife having neck pain - muscular?? or maybe AN related??
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2008, 09:17:14 pm »
Hi DJ,

I have neck and shoulder pain.  True, this can be due to the stress of having an AN and of course, numerous reasons.  Since I have migraines, scholiosis which forced the neck to finally produce three bulging discs---I take Valium to relax the muscles.  I don't like taking medicine so, occasionally I use red wine to relax my muscles at night.  In the past I saw a chiropractor!  From all the posts I've read over the past 28 months, I've come to the conclusion that yes, an AN can be "related" to neck pain.  ie: location, shape of AN, stress, balance problems causing shift in walking gait, (producing neck pain) headaches with neck pain, etc.  As long as your wife had the "contrast" injection with her MRI, she shouldn't be needing another MRI right away.  What size is the AN?

Palace
« Last Edit: December 01, 2008, 09:20:45 pm by Palace »
22 mm Acoustic Neuroma (right side)
Cyberknife, Nov. & Dec. 2006
Dr. Iris Gibbs & Dr. Blevins @ Stanford
single sided deafness