Author Topic: "West Side Story" production in sign language and song!  (Read 2075 times)

Palace

• Palace
"West Side Story" production in sign language and song!
« on: November 26, 2008, 12:12:12 pm »
Happy Holiday to the "Deaf," and others....

Deaf students join high school's 'West Side Story' production in Plantation, Florida!  I would have enjoyed going to see this.  Paul Catania is in Florida on the Thanksgiving holiday for a couple of weeks.  I sent the link to him.  Maybe he will go.  The interview and "trailer" to the production is quite fabulous!

Has anyone seen such a production?  I would like to put this on my priority list for the immediate future.

http://cbs4.com/local/West.Side.Story.2.870010.html

Please let us know some happy stories about sign-language...........if you have any.......

Regards,

Palace
« Last Edit: November 26, 2008, 12:38:28 pm by Palace »
22 mm Acoustic Neuroma (right side)
Cyberknife, Nov. & Dec. 2006
Dr. Iris Gibbs & Dr. Blevins @ Stanford
single sided deafness

Palace

• Palace
Re: "West Side Story" production in sign language and song!
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2008, 12:42:08 pm »
Friends,

Check this out!  It cost almost fifty-thousand dollars to put this production together.  I'm a choreographer myself and learning to "sign."  I love this!  "TALENT!"

Playful Palace
22 mm Acoustic Neuroma (right side)
Cyberknife, Nov. & Dec. 2006
Dr. Iris Gibbs & Dr. Blevins @ Stanford
single sided deafness

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
Re: "West Side Story" production in sign language and song!
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2008, 03:31:11 pm »
Palace:

Thanks for the heads-up!  :)  I'm about 1,000 miles from Plantation, Florida (and don't know sign language) so I won't be able to catch the show - but I appreciate your taking the time to promote this ambitious undertaking.  These kinds of full-blown musical stage productions in sign language are needed and welcomed (and expensive to mount) so I really hope it does well.  :)

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.