Author Topic: Turning Down Social Invitations  (Read 6295 times)

lori67

Re: Turning Down Social Invitations
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2009, 06:31:22 pm »
Hi Stoneaxe!

It's nice to have a spouse that knows you well enough to help you out in these situations.  My husband does the same thing.  He knows the look on my face when I didn't quite catch something and will come to my rescue.

Glad to hear you don't let the 1/2 deafness stop you from bustin' a move on the dance floor!   :D  As long as you don't bust anything else!   :o

Lori
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.

stoneaxe

• Make your good days more than make up for the bad.
    • Cape Cod Bay Challenge
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2009, 11:24:03 pm »
Hi Stoneaxe!

It's nice to have a spouse that knows you well enough to help you out in these situations.  My husband does the same thing.  He knows the look on my face when I didn't quite catch something and will come to my rescue.

Glad to hear you don't let the 1/2 deafness stop you from bustin' a move on the dance floor!   :D  As long as you don't bust anything else!   :o

Lori

LOL...I do have to know when my head is working. Could give a whole new meaning to break dancing... ::). One thing I really do hate is going to a good event with a good DJ or band and my head is taking lefts....limiting me to slow dancing at best.
Bob - Official Member of the Postie/Toasty Club
6mm AN treated with Proton Beam Radiosurgery in March 2004
at Mass General Hospital, Dr's Loeffler and Chapman
Cut the little bugger out the second time around in 2009..translab at MGH with Dr's McKenna and Barker.
http://www.capecodbaychallenge.org

Rc Moser

« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2009, 12:22:34 pm »
I avoid noise at all costs >:( :(, crowd noises for me are worst than work. Makes my ear buzzzz off the charts, which IMO starts my 5th nerve to vibrate, which starts the headache process. Forehead aching, teeth start to ache, next level stabing forhead pain, light starts bothering me, teeth pounding, and pain behind my right eye. Next level  "MIGRAINE"  >:( :(

areas I avoid:   Concerts, Totally out of the question. Movies rarely go if I do I got an ear plug shoved so far down my ear it hurts. Any type of crowd noises in contained area. race track it out, No loud TV's, radio's, had to selll my truck cause the exhaust was too loud. (need a new one anyway) Can't listen to the radio in my truck, if I do it got to be so low you can hear it when up to highway speed. :(

9/17/03, 4.5CM, Translab, OU Medical Center, Dr. (the ear man) Saunders and Dr. B. (the BrainMAN) Wilson  along with about 4 other Doctors that keep me going for 18 hours.

JudyT

« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2009, 04:29:03 am »
I turn down social invitations all the time and I don't like it. I always have been involved in community activities,charities.gone to concerts,movies parties......they all are sooooo disturbing to me now with the noise factor. During the holidays with my own family here....I was darn near crazy...grandchildren on the Wii......son on the piano......all the goings on in the kitchen.....the girls laughing and talking. These are things I have always enjoyed so much....I finally retired to my room ( they understood) but how sad it is to have to do that in order to be comfortable.
So many things that I took instride now just drive me to distraction.....can't cope......concentrate....keep the perspective.....it's not the real me I say.....BUT it is the real me.....this is how I am now (4 years out from CK) I fall to pieces with the least things......thank heavens for two strong sons and their wives. I require peace and quiet.....no demands....do only what is comfortable for me, to live with some kind of order. I have been a widow for 13 years....own 2 large companies that require my attention(they can't run on auto pilot)......youngest son has really stepped up and doing a great job to be the front runner and I am so blessed to have him......he saves me daily from conflicts etc. I wonder where did my life go? I try to stay in contact with women friends and neighbors.....do things by myself that I enjoy.....just a quiet drive in the country will do it sometimes...........Guess we all just gotta keep on keepin' on........we're alive......so there's hope for a better day!