Author Topic: Surgery date set  (Read 1092 times)

mallory

Surgery date set
« on: November 23, 2008, 10:33:39 am »
I spoke with my surgeon last week and finally have a surgery date set for December 2. Every time I go in, they seem to have a new name for the type of tumor I have, but he called it a glomus jugulare, and said that because of its awkward position, he wants to try to do 2 surgeries. The first one will take out the bulk of the tumor, and the second one would go back in to take out the remaining bit that is surrounding the nerves they're really concerned about. I will have to go in the day before surgery to have an angiogram to "freeze" the tumor, which would hopefully cut down on blood flow.

I feel relieved to finally have a date set, but I'm starting to get really nervous about nerve damage and about being in hospital. It makes me really anxious to think about, so I'd appreciate any good thoughts or advice!

MAlegant

• 50th birthday party pic
Re: Surgery date set
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2008, 11:25:41 am »
Hi Mallory,
The only advice I have is to trust your doctors and have faith in whatever gives you strength. Go into surgery (first and second) with a peaceful heart and mind.  You will deal with the "after" after.

Best,
Marci
3cmx4cm trigeminal neuroma, involved all the facial nerves, dx July 8, 2008, tx July 22, 2008, home on July 24, 2008. Amazing care at University Hospitals in Cleveland.