Author Topic: ssd  (Read 3731 times)

thecakes

ssd
« on: November 21, 2008, 07:02:42 pm »
  I put a note up in another thread but got no good answers, so here goes.  Do you think since this goverment bail out the goverment will tighten the ropes for the social sucirity disability people?  This has me really worried.  My family depends on this.  Our lives would be so much harder without it.  Do you know the site for the ssd people.(  Not the goverment site.)

sgerrard

Re: ssd
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2008, 09:03:56 pm »
I doubt it, but it is anybody's guess what may happen with the economy, and with the next administration. If there are to be any changes, they will be slow in coming, with lots of heated discussion first.

I found only one web site in the archives of this forum, called ssaforum.com, but it is no longer operating. There are others, but I have no idea if any are useful to you. You can try Google to search for them. I haven't seen anything discussing an impending drop in benefits.

Steve
8 mm left AN June 2007,  CK at Stanford Sept 2007.
Hearing lasted a while, but left side is deaf now.
Right side is weak too. Life is quiet.

Pooter

• The Official Breeze Conjurer - PBW
    • Blog Website
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2008, 11:29:17 pm »
I doubt it also.  As I understand it, the new administration is going to pay my bills, pay for my house, pay for my truck, AND send me a check.  ;*)

Not making light of your situation, but it would be political suicide for them to lower the benefits on SS disability.  There are SO many other areas they can take from, that would be one of the last, in my opinion.

Good luck!

Regards,
Brian
Diagnosed 4/10/08 - 3cm Right AN
12hr retrosig 5/8/08 w/Drs Vrabec and Trask in Houston, Tx
Some facial paralysis post-op but most movement is back, some tinitus.  SSD on right.
Story documented here:  http://briansbrainbooger.blogspot.com/

"I must be having fun all wrong!"  - Roger Creager

klangel

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2008, 04:18:10 pm »
i doubt that our disability benefits will change much more than they already have. youll still have to keep fighting the ssd mistake wars but ive even heard the cola will be a little more this year. so as long as you are able enough to keep correcting (their mistakes that is ) youll keep collecting. like stated in the last post on this thread it would be political suicide to do anything harmful to ssd recipients. im not going to worry. i think theyll still give me my pittance.