Author Topic: responses to posts  (Read 1082 times)

Kit W

• Smokies Spring 2008
responses to posts
« on: November 18, 2008, 03:12:18 pm »
Thank you to those who replied to my first two post 'Newbie 9 weeks post op' and 'Symptoms ?'

I do hope my 'story' helps others to hopefully notice any symptoms that might indicate a possible AN
and that my positive outlook encourages others to look at the glass half full.

I do remember saying to the surgeon between having the shunt put in and the main operation that I
was looking forward to the operation with a smile on my face.

I just asked Kay before posting this and she just confirmed I did say that and that I didn't have any
fear of the operation at all because I was looking forward to getting better having been ill for so long.

Kit
Don't let jealousy get a hold of you. If it does it will ruin the rest of your life.

My mind often wanders, sometimes it leaves completely!
Do I look like I care!

5cm+ AN removed 9/11/08. Dr Tairq Javed. Kennestone Hospital, Marietta, GA

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
Re: responses to posts
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2008, 04:50:39 pm »
Kit:

Your original post was both informative and interesting.  It certainly deserved the many reads and responses it received.  We encourage 'newbies' to relate their AN 'story' that it may help others to understand and deal with the situation we're confronted with, upon diagnosis.  Although an acoustic neuroma isn't necessarily life-threatening (unless ignored), very often, if not always, it can be life-altering to some degree.  Your AN experience and continued upbeat attitude in the face of AN-related adversity is both admirable and inspiring.  Again, thank you for your input and your interest in helping other AN patients.  :)

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.