Author Topic: Anybody using a digital recorder for meetings?  (Read 1503 times)

Boppie

Anybody using a digital recorder for meetings?
« on: November 17, 2008, 07:14:26 pm »
I am interested to hear from digital recorder users regarding the quality of sound you get.  Also, I would like to know if this tool has helped you navigate  the conversations at a meeting.

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
Re: Anybody using a digital recorder for meetings?
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2008, 02:48:33 pm »
Hey Boppie!  Ya know, I had thought of using one for those times my hearing fails me.. and for those dr appts that I always tend to forget something..... but I haven't tried it out yet. I have an old recorder (with cassette tape) but not a digital recorder. Would also love to find out if the quality is better (I'm assuming yet, but daddy always taught me never to assume.....) and would love to hear from others for your question.

sorry can't be much help.
Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

krbonner

• www.facebook.com/krbonner, bunnums on Twitter
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2008, 12:43:49 pm »
I bought a $80 recorder at Best Buy last year to use to tape interviews I do.  Not specifically because of the hearing loss, but because I don't trust my notes to capture everything and my brain to remember everything!

Mine stores recordings as MP3s which I transfer to the computer.  You can then playback either on the device or on the computer.  Works great for my purposes!  There are many options around in that price range, too.

Mine is an Olympus WS-300M.  It's tiny, very light, and has a built in USB memory stick. 

Katie
diagnosed June 2005
2.3cmx1.6cmx1.4cm left AN
translab Sept 13, 2006; Drs. McKenna and Barker in MA (MEEI/MGH)

Boppie

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2008, 03:29:47 pm »
Gee thanks, Katie
The Olympus was well rated on a site I visited.  I appreciate your first hand input.  I am treasurer for a large non profit group.  I am concerned about missing details that I hear in the meetings.  We can't remember, if we can't hear it.  After all, I have all of the records audited at years end.  I am going to get one of those things!