Author Topic: Finished My CK Treatments!!  (Read 1498 times)

Sabre

Finished My CK Treatments!!
« on: November 15, 2008, 06:32:20 pm »
Hello.
I just wanted to say hello to all my dear, new friends that I made at the brunch last Sunday. It was so very wonderful to have breakfast with everyone before going to Beth Israel for my CK treatments.  What a great way to begin the week--don't think it could have started any better than that!

I wanted to let everyone know that the CK treatments went fine...I think the steriods are probably the worst part of the whole thing.  I'll be off them by the end of the month though-woo hoo!  I feel a little bit fatigued and fuzzy headed but that is about it for side effects. Maybe the sterioids are helping to keep any other symptoms at bay so, perhaps, I shouldn't complain so much about them and just accept them for the assistance they offer.  Anyway, the doctors, nurses, and rest of the staff were great at Beth Israel.  I had 5 treatments (Mon - Fri) and got to bring home my mask.  I know this thing is shrinking and dying as I type (already thinking of it in the past tense :)).  My first follow up MRI and visit with the doctor is scheduled for Dec 15 so I will be sure and post all about that.

Cheers-Sabre