Author Topic: AN Week in Review: Nov 10  (Read 2122 times)

sgerrard

AN Week in Review: Nov 10
« on: November 11, 2008, 01:10:20 am »
I guess LADavid is on moving leave, or something. Here is the list from the Calendar:

Sabre started her CK treatment Monday at Beth Israel, Boston.

Wednesday, dizzyinca has a translab at Stanford; Tony has surgery at Hinsdale Hospital w/Drs. Battista & Kazan; and Mona(Anomar) begins CK at Stanford.

Thursday, Andrea in SLC, at long last, has her surgery in Salt Lake City.

Best wishes to all, and I hope David comes back and does this job, he is much better at it.

Steve
8 mm left AN June 2007,  CK at Stanford Sept 2007.
Hearing lasted a while, but left side is deaf now.
Right side is weak too. Life is quiet.

Syl

• Forgive me. I'm having an AN moment.
Re: AN Week in Review: Nov 10
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2008, 01:30:37 am »
Steve,

I think you're pretty good at this.

Good luck to Sabre, dizzyinca, Tony, Mona(Anomar), and Andrea in SLC with your AN treatments.

Syl
1.5cm AN rt side; Retrosig June 16, 2008; preserved facial and hearing nerves;
FINALLY FREE OF CHRONIC HEADACHES 4.5 years post-op!!!!!!!
Drs. Kato, Blumenfeld, and Cheung.

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2008, 06:57:18 am »
Good job, Steve. I'd hire ya! :)

For those that are getting treatments this week.. and now on the mend... onward and upward folks! Welcome to Postie-hood and I'm cheering you all on! Great job, hang in there... and as for LADavid and his move.... geesh... how dare he leave us like this! Pfft! ;)  (hang in there David!)

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2008, 10:29:05 am »
Thanks, Steve.

I think David is a bit pre-occupied with moving and greeting out-of-towners coming to the House Ear Institute for surgery.   :)

Nice job Steve - and very likely a temporary one  - but if David ever chooses to abandon it, you're next in line.

My prayers and wishes go out to everyone having surgery or radiation this week.  May you all be successful in your treatments and soon be here celebrating your coveted 'postie' status. 

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

LADavid

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2008, 12:07:02 pm »
Hey Steve
Thanks for jumping in there.  The move was typical of a move -- even if it was only up two floors.  But what a great change.  From where I sit at my desk, I have a panoramic view of the mountains and the city.  It's still in LA and not Long Beach as I had originally planned -- but it's a very good second best option.  I lost my internet connection for a few days during the transition but I'm back now.  I have a lot of catching up on the forum to do -- in between digging through boxes.

Meanwhile, best wishes to all of you who are having procedures and surgeries this week.  Hopefully you will be able to keep us posted.

Have a great week.

David
Right ear tinnitus w/80% hearing loss 1985.
Left ear 40% hearing loss 8/07.
1.5 CM Translab Rt ear.
Sort of quiet around here.
http://my.calendars.net/AN_Treatments

Anomar11

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2008, 04:44:17 pm »
Thank you all for your well wishes and prayers.  It's so good to be at this stage of the game.  Mona
L An diagnosed 5/08 2.0 x 1.1 x 1.3 cm.  Cyberknife Stanford Drs Chang and Gibbs Nov '08.  One yr: 2.1 x 1.4 x 1.6, Two yr: 2.2 x 1.5 x 1.8, Three yr: 1.9 x 1.5 x 1.5, Four year 1.6 x 1.1 x 1.1, Six yr: 1.4 x .7 x .9

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2008, 09:44:28 pm »
Steve -

thanks for starting this thread; I thought Debbi was David's stand-in, but I'm glad you jumped in since it's already Wednesday.   Allthough I miss David's eloquent words, you're a real trooper for pitching in here.  Tell the ANA that you deserve a raise in your moderator's pay for extra duties performed this week  ;)

Best wishes to all having treatment; I hope to hear good things about your recoveries very soon. 

Tony's wife, Gena, has promised to update me on his surgery which was this morning with my favorite docs, but it might be a little while before I hear anything.  I'm sure she has a lot on her plate today, in addition to Tony's surgery it's their son's fifth birthday.  I'll let you know when I have any news.

David -

glad the move is done.  I thought you were on the way to Long Beach and I was wondering if you'd have to change your user name.  Guess that's not an issue afterall  ;D  Good luck with the unpacking; I don't envy you.

Jan

Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

MAlegant

• 50th birthday party pic
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2008, 06:30:39 pm »
Good luck everyone.  Sending my best thoughts from soon-to-be wintery Ohio.
Marci

David,
I may be in LA in January on business but I would love to sneak away and say hi to you and the rest of the LA folks.  Will people do that even if I'm not having surgery at House?  Glad your move was good; little things can mean a lot.
M
3cmx4cm trigeminal neuroma, involved all the facial nerves, dx July 8, 2008, tx July 22, 2008, home on July 24, 2008. Amazing care at University Hospitals in Cleveland.