Author Topic: Is Your Balance OK When Sitting ???  (Read 7039 times)

Soundy

• prophetic picture done by my 5 year old, June'04
Re: Is Your Balance OK When Sitting ???
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2009, 10:16:01 pm »
Judy ....check and plaid patterns bother me ..especially if they are high contrast

Maybe we need to scale down TV size a little ... the room is kinda small and the 42 was the
biggest they say will fit in there comfortably ...what's with men and big TVs... and I am already thinking
of spending some of his TV money on a commemorative  AN tattoo  ;D

as for movie theater ... it really bothers me ...luckily I lean on husband and sleep through
movies in theaters so doesn't bother me for long
3mm AN discovered Aug 2004
Translab July 2 ,2007
3.2cm x 2.75cm x 3.3cm @ time of surgery

Brendalu

• Smile..it makes everyone wonder what you are up to
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2009, 07:24:49 am »
I can fall over in a chair just as easily as I can fall over when standing up!  My husband won't walk next to me because I run over him, especially if I am pushing a shopping cart!!  I was thinking about getting blinders like they use on horses to see if it would help:)

Brenda
Brenda Oberholtzer
AN surgery 7/28/05
Peyman Pakzaban, NS
Chester Strunk, ENT

JudyT

« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2009, 10:16:19 am »
Soundy..... I wonder about those TV"S too. I am a widow now but one of my son's has the lastest....blue ray thing...( don't know what that means....don't care) and multiple Tv's in their house....I don't even know how to work mine effectively......how many does one need? The other night I was watching Australia (fabulous) but couldn't get all the dialogue.....it's like trying to lip read or something for me. I have a swivel office chair at my desk.....roller coaster ride if I turn to fast to get a file or something. It seems to be something new all the time that creeps in and turns me upside down. I have taken the advice of other posts and am using my heating pad for trigeminal pain....it REALLY works.

Judy

Soundy

• prophetic picture done by my 5 year old, June'04
« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2009, 08:08:25 am »
I watched  Australia the other night with TV ears and subtitles and still had to go back a time or two
to catch everything ... the little TV in the bedroom has a built in DVD player and I can mess it up
sometimes ...it can have computer and other junk hooked to it so is more complicated ...

still haven't purchase bigger TV for the living room...

I have to get up slowly from my swivel chair ...when I turn away from desk and stand I tend to
rotate a little ... at least there's nothing for me to run into near the desk area unless a kid or my
husband is nearby

when I first started getting out alot after surgery I wanted horse blinders...too much peripheral visions that
messed up my balance ...I have walked with one hand to the side of my eye to block half of the input ...
I almost always get a cart when I shop ... it helps me balance ...but at same time I veer to the right so
have to be careful not to run over anyone or anything ...

my 9 year old if with me holds front left corner of the cart and kinda steers/drags me thorough the store ...
I told her she was my guide dog  :D
3mm AN discovered Aug 2004
Translab July 2 ,2007
3.2cm x 2.75cm x 3.3cm @ time of surgery