Author Topic: Waaaaaahoooooooooo. No eye jewelry today!  (Read 3227 times)

CROOKEDSMILE

Waaaaaahoooooooooo. No eye jewelry today!
« on: November 11, 2008, 03:14:27 pm »
I have gone all day today without my external eyelid weight. My eyeball is not red and it felt great having that metal off of my lid for a day. I was a little nervous going without it for fear that I would be out and would need it....kinda like a security blanket. I feel safe with it on and nervous without it but I did it. I'm almost certain that it is blinking slower than my good eye and I would guess that with time it will speed up. Today I had a "ME" day. Played Christmas music, sipped hot tea, read, played piano, sat with eyes closed.....(yes..I said eyes. Both were closed one without a weight~Yahooo.) and did absolutely nothing but listen to the rain fall outside. My house is dirty, my leaves need raked, clothes need washed, license about to expire.....yep. Did none of it.
There is LOTS of rest for the weary.
Angie.....blinking for the moment.

this has nothing to do with my eye but I had bought a sign to put outside when my children were playing because we live in the city with lots of traffic and the sign reads...SLOW! Kids At Play. My son Rivers had tears in his eyes and said.....Mom why did you buy a sign like that? I said what honey? He said....you bought a sign that says we're slow and we are not slow kids. (slow=dumb)

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
Re: Waaaaaahoooooooooo. No eye jewelry today!
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2008, 05:23:52 pm »
Crookedsmile:

Thanks for the good news regarding your improved eye function.  I admire your bravery (going out minus the weight) , which seems to have really paid off.  You're obviously feeling better about everything and have mastered the somewhat neglected art of self-indulgence.  May you continue to have days like this.  :)

I loved your kid's misunderstanding of the 'slow' sign.  It's typical of kids and quite amusing.  Thanks for the smile.  :D

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

mimoore

• Believe!
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2008, 06:10:54 pm »
AAAAhhhh the small things in life that make us happy....blinking... who would have known.  ;D :D ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)
 I can't wait until my blink becomes stronger. Maybe it will before my Jan 30th appointment to have a weight in. Here's hoping.
 I am so happy for you. Enjoy the moment.
Michelle  ;D
Retrosigmond surgery on June 4th, 2008 for an AN. 100% hearing loss and facial paralysis (was not prepared for facial paralysis). Size: 2.3 cm, 2.1 cm, 1.8 cm. some tumour remains along facial nerve. Pray for no regrowth. Misdiagnosed for 10 yrs.

texsooner

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2008, 06:23:24 pm »
I'm happy to hear about anyone's eye improvement. Congrats Angie, and here's hoping yours continues to improve as well Michelle. I can't wait until my AN dry eye starts to tear and I can reduce the eye drop intake.

Patrick
3.5cm left side AN; 11 hour retrosigmoid surgery 8/11/08 @ Memorial Hermann, Houston - Texas Medical Center with Drs. Chang and Vollmer; home on 8/13/08;
SSD(w/tinnitus); dry eye; Happy to be here and feeling good.

MAlegant

• 50th birthday party pic
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2008, 06:54:50 pm »
Yay Angie!  Good for you. Celebrate the little things....
Marci
3cmx4cm trigeminal neuroma, involved all the facial nerves, dx July 8, 2008, tx July 22, 2008, home on July 24, 2008. Amazing care at University Hospitals in Cleveland.

wendysig

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2008, 08:46:52 pm »
Angie,
Congratulations on your "do nothing day"  You deserved it!  Congratulations on not needing the eye weight either - a major victory!!!  I know what you mean about it being a security blanket -- I felt the same way about my cane and sometimes still do, but I make myself walk without it.  I have an "extra" can in the car that I keep there for just in case purposes since I do still have times when my imbalance can be worse than it usually is.  So far I have'nt really needed it but it's nice to know its there.

Best wishes,
Wendy
1.3 cm at time of diagnosis -  April 9, 2008
2 cm at time of surgery
SSD right side translabyrinthine July 25, 2008
Mt. Sinai Hospital, New York, NY
Extremely grateful for the wonderful Dr. Choe & Dr. Chen
BAHA surgery 1/5/09
Doing great!