Author Topic: Anybody notice while at the dential clinic?  (Read 3161 times)

Rc Moser

Anybody notice while at the dential clinic?
« on: November 06, 2008, 08:38:25 pm »
Ok, I had to have some dental work done the last few years.  three times I have went with headaches and three times I came out with NO headaches!  I figure it was the gas (laughing gas or medical Nitrous Oxide or what ever they give you.  I am sure it was the relaxation of the gas that got rid of my headache's. 

I am wondering if anybody else has experienced this? And anybody with medical knowledge would think this could be a treatment for use when we have severe headache's? I would think it would be less risky than injections when you have to visit the hospital?

I do know I did not have any noticable after effect when I came down off the gas and my headache was gone, not even a after effect from the headache which I usually experience after having a severe headache or migraine. As far as I know the gas has no after effect or at least it didn't on me.  Any opinions? or thoughts???
9/17/03, 4.5CM, Translab, OU Medical Center, Dr. (the ear man) Saunders and Dr. B. (the BrainMAN) Wilson  along with about 4 other Doctors that keep me going for 18 hours.

Omaschwannoma

• Life is a journey, not a destination
Re: Anybody notice while at the dential clinic?
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2008, 07:34:39 am »
Wow, interesting observation. 

Sorry I don't have the ansewr, but I for one would ask the denstist if you can return every time you have a brainwreck headache to help you out. 

Maybe your dentist would be interested in opening up a side business similar to those "oxygen" bars. 
1/05 Retrosigmoid 1.5cm AN left ear, SSD
2/08 Labyrinthectomy left ear 
Dr. Patrick Antonelli Shands at University of Florida, Gainesville, FL
12/09 diagnosis of semicircular canal dehiscence right ear

lori67

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2008, 10:24:11 am »
That is an interesting observation.  Usually I get the headache upon arrival at the dentist!    :o

Having lots of people walking around under the effects of laughing gas probably wouldn't be a bad thing.  Maybe then everyone would play nice.

Lori
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.

Captain Deb

• Phearless Phyll and Captain Deb!
    • Captain Deb
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2008, 01:55:19 pm »
I participate in another site for people with cluster headaches and a lot of them use oxygen for their headaches.  The O2 in the nitrous oxide probably took care of your headache.

Capt Deb
"You only have two choices, having fun or freaking out"-Jimmy Buffett
50-ish with a 1x.7x.8cm.AN
Mid-fossa HEI, Jan 03 Friedman & Hitselberger
Chronic post-op headaches
Captain & Designated Driver of the PBW