Author Topic: physically fit helps women stay mentally fit  (Read 4019 times)

4cm in Pacific Northwest

physically fit helps women stay mentally fit
« on: January 08, 2009, 09:28:09 pm »
I wanted to share this Canadian news headline with you-all- about results of a health study.

"Why staying physically fit helps women stay mentally fit"

CBC news
http://www.cbc.ca/health/story/2009/01/08/silver-tsunami.html

Keep exercising and stay as active as you can!

DHM

4cm Left, 08/22/07 R/S 11+ hr surgery Stanford U, Dr. Robert Jackler, Dr. Griffith Harsh, Canadian fellow Assist. Dr. Sumit Agrawal. SSD, 3/6 on HB facial scale, stick-on-eyeweight worked, 95% eye function@ 6 months. In neuromuscular facial retraining. Balance regained! Recent MRI -tumor receded!

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
Re: physically fit helps women stay mentally fit
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2009, 03:55:36 pm »
DHM:

Thanks for the link.  I read the article and it certainly makes sense although I think it really applies to both sexes.  To be honest, I believe the premise that exercise aids blood flow to the brain and helps it process more effectively is a fairly well-established fact.   However, it doesn't hurt to be reminded every so often.  Thanks for doing that.  :)

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.