Author Topic: Headache Problem -Survivor Fr Indonesia  (Read 3193 times)

Ribka

Headache Problem -Survivor Fr Indonesia
« on: October 02, 2008, 10:56:17 pm »

Hi all ANA's Members,

First of all I want to short introduce about us.
I'm a mother of a AN survivor, we are from Indonesia, my daughter EZZY (18 yo.) has a surgery 8 years ago in St.Vincent Medical LA with Dr. Derald Brackman.

1. I lost contact some friends whos give us a charity, Rita, Raydean, Kathy and many2 friends, if some of you knows about them.

2. My Daughter Ezzy has a headache around 1 years ago, and she just let me know arounds 1 months ago, so far she take just pills for headache without doctor's suggestion.
some day when the headacne came, she can't open her eyes, laydown in the bed and crying, I know that she is feeling terrible, but she just keep by her self, cause she doesn't want me to worry about her, but now I can't eat and sleep now thinking about her, anyone can talk with me whats going on? and is this normal for AN Survivor...?

I need to contact Dr. Brackmann but all my data are gone, some body can help us?

Thank you so much

dufreyne

Re: Headache Problem -Survivor Fr Indonesia
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2008, 11:24:57 pm »
As you know, Dr. Brackman is at the House Ear Institute.  Below is the link, click on it.

http://www.houseearclinic.com/physicians.htm

This will give links to phone numbers, etc.

In terms of the headaches, it sounds like this needs to be evaluated by a physician.  Given the history of acoustic neuroma that was surgically removed 8 years ago, a repeat MRI of the brain would make sense, just to be on the safe side and make sure there is no recurrence of the tumor.  Good luck and God bless.

Dufreyne

Ribka

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2008, 02:01:48 am »
Dear Mr.dufreyne,

Thanks alot for your kind information, really helpfull for us, cause in my country Acouistic Neuroma is
not common sickness, difficult to find the docter who's understanding about this.

And we don't have any community or club to be sharing each other, so with this website, I'm not
feel alone anymore. Thanks also for ANA.

Cheryl R

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2008, 07:27:47 am »
I have heard Raydean talk about your daughter when met her at an AN sympsosium.      She still posts on this forum so you can have contact with her.        Do you know how to find a persons profile and then you can leave her a personal message.             The only way I know to find it is to click on the total number of members down at the bottom of the first page of the forum and then the alphabetic guide of our names comes up and you can go from there under R.    Under Raydeans profile at the bottom is link to send personal messsage.
I wish I could be of better help about the headaches.    It could be AN related or from an entirely different cause.         Others may be of better help to you.
                                             Cheryl R
Right mid fossa 11-01-01
  left tumor found 5-03,so have NF2
  trans lab for right facial nerve tumor
  with nerve graft 3-23-06
   CSF leak revision surgery 4-07-06
   left mid fossa 4-17-08
   near deaf on left before surgery
   with hearing much improved .
    Univ of Iowa for all care