Author Topic: My eye looks soooooooo different from my GOOD side. Why?  (Read 6701 times)

Karen

Re: My eye looks soooooooo different from my GOOD side. Why?
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2008, 06:23:49 pm »
Kay, Even when I had my eye weight I still had to use frops every 2 or three            hours.  I hated the way my eye looked.  Maybe if I go with another one the Docotr could go with a lighter one that wouldn't be so heavy that my eye would shut all the time.  Also the trip to Chicago went ok no eye trouble!!!  I think I am a little bit pariinoid about my eye!  Karen
Karen
     Surgery 12-17-03, nerve graft 1-04, 3.5 cm, facial paralysis, numbness and no hearing in left ear

Kaybo

« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2008, 06:11:24 am »
Karen~
I think that a lighter one sounds like it is what you need.  Glad your trip went well.  We have to take care of our eyes, but we can't let that rule our world - too much other stuff to do!!   ;D

K
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

28Lisa

• pre opt
« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2008, 10:15:07 am »
Two opinions are great, while I was in the hospital an ENT visited my room and suggested it, then I went to see an opt-surgeon he was telling his associates about coming to my room to try out the external weight before surgery

Couple days after the ENT dr came in with papers stating that they were gonna do the surgery, was like woah to myself cuz they are EAR NOSE and THROAT doctors says nothing about the eye right? lol

Anyways I signed away just to get it over with and it turned out great, the surgery turned into 4hrs including prep cuz they had to test the weights and they stiched the corner of my lower lid upwards so it would help for my eye to close better, it did but my optomologist says that I should still blink hard every couple mins but he is impressed with their work

It was worth it
A.N. 4+cm, 9/11/07 @ NY Presbyterian Hospital, Dr. Phillip Stieg
post opt - partial facial paralysis on left side, total hear loss on left side, speech altered, loss of taste, smell,balance, loss of sensation on right side from shoulder down, low motor skills, eye weight 11/07