Author Topic: Six Weeks-The Magic Number  (Read 1663 times)

RadiantStar

Six Weeks-The Magic Number
« on: January 10, 2006, 06:11:43 pm »
Hi Everyone,

Today was the magical six week post-op check up with my Neurosurgeon.  So much emphasis I placed on this point.  I thought I'd be completely out of the woods LOL.  Happily, I'm "right on schedule" for this kind of surgery.  Face is getting more normal looking, my smile is getting better, and my eye,,,,well the eye drops and lube are just part of life now.   Grateful that I can read some, and today for the first time....I drove my Kia Sportage to the pharmacy!!!!!!!  Yippee, I got the ok from the doc to resume driving, and my normal activities with NO restrictions!!!!!  I'm just so happy  ;D 

I also had an appointment with the Opthamologist, and he gave me an exercise to make the muscles work....scrunching my face up, and taping my eye shut when I go to sleep.  We'll see what he has to say next month.  I must say, when he mentioned sewing the corner of my eye, it didn't thrill me too much.  Now, I'm am pleased that my eye and all other things are working better.  This was a good day, and mentally, emotionally it feels good!

Kathleen

luv2teachsped

Re: Six Weeks-The Magic Number
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2006, 08:15:41 pm »
Kathleen:  Sounds like a great report!  Thanks for sharing the positves! luv2teachsped
3cmx3cm/translab 5/05
University of Michigan
Dr.Telian and Dr.Thompson

BAHA implant-4/07, processor on 8/07