Author Topic: Save the Date for Chicago ANA Convention August 14-16 2009  (Read 151415 times)

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
Re: Save the Date for Chicago ANA Convention August 14-16 2009
« Reply #480 on: August 03, 2009, 07:00:33 pm »
I started a diet back in December..... with my goal being the symposium to reach my destination weight.  This has been a physician-monitored diet and for those of you that have already met me in person.... well, you know I've been rather "hefty" and exercise is very limited for me.  Well... I weighed in at the doc today... and as of today... I'm down 26 lbs! :D  I didn't hit my goal (off by 10 lbs) BUT I can share... I bought me a new dress for Saturday night's festivities at the symposium.    A speshal shout out to my "roomie" for the symposium, our fearless leader, Captn Deb, for cheering me on through this diet......    :-*  :-*  :-*

Bags are almost packed... looking forward to seeing everyone in CHI!

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Kaybo

« Reply #481 on: August 03, 2009, 08:02:00 pm »
WAY TO GO PHYL!!!  I think that I found all of the weight that you lost!!   ;D but I have had a great summer with my wonderful hubby and girlies!!  I'll get them off to the camp with their cousins Saturday and then maybe I can start thinking about our trip...

K
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

saralynn143

• Sarey Sarey Quite Contrary
    • MVD diary
« Reply #482 on: August 03, 2009, 09:24:38 pm »
Before I can think about the trip I need to take my son to get his braces on and my middle girl in for her second foot surgery. Little guy and his dad are going on another float trip the same weekend the girls head for Chicago. At least they acquired all the gear they could possibly need for the Boundary Waters trip last month.

Add to that some before school meetings of my parish education board and the parochial school board and getting school supplies . . . I need to come to Chicago just to rest.

Are there definitive plans for Thursday night yet? I'm planning on attending seminars Friday afternoon and the roundtable with Jackie Diehls Friday evening. Saturday I'm playing tourist with my girls. I think they want to go to the Hard Rock Cafe Saturday night and I'm OK with that (never been). Heading home Sunday because my eldest has to work Monday morning. We might be able to fit a few more group activities in, depending on where they are and whether they are family-friendly.

I haven't had time to go to the gym much this summer, so all my muscle is turning to mush. Most of my clothes still fit, just not as well. I've been doing PT with Elbee to keep her more motivated and that is helping. Back to school for the kids means back to the gym for mom. I'm looking forward to it, I have a bunch of gym buddies and we are all going through summer withdrawal.

Can't wait to meet everyone. Are we PMing cell phone numbers?

Sara
MVD for hemifacial spasm 6/2/08
left side facial paresis
 12/100 facial function - 7/29/08
 46 - 11/25/08
 53 - 05/12/09
left side SSD approx. 4 weeks
 low-frequency hearing loss; 85% speech recognition 7/28/08
1.8 gram thin profile platinum eyelid weight 8/12/08
Fitted for scleral lens 5/9/13

sgerrard

« Reply #483 on: August 03, 2009, 11:50:29 pm »
This thing is next week!

I think I better start getting ready to go, or something. PM'ing phone numbers sounds like a good idea. I hope we are meeting up for something on Thursday evening.

Is Phyl the boss?

Steve
8 mm left AN June 2007,  CK at Stanford Sept 2007.
Hearing lasted a while, but left side is deaf now.
Right side is weak too. Life is quiet.

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #484 on: August 04, 2009, 05:51:10 am »
WAY TO GO PHYL!!!  I think that I found all of the weight that you lost!!   ;D

No, that would be me, Kaybo  :(

Don't forget to pack your knit hats!

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Cheryl R

« Reply #485 on: August 04, 2009, 08:55:42 am »
There was talk of doing pizza Thurs night.        We are leaving this weekend to go to Michigan first to our daughters and Dad is going to do a bathroom project for her.     It had better be done in time for us to get to Chicago Thurs as planned.    I will have internet computer access anyway while at her place.            I had wondered about some phone nos of others too.              My husband won't be going to alot of the symposium but will pay for him to come to the banquet so hewill be able to do some sightseeing.                                              Cheryl R
Right mid fossa 11-01-01
  left tumor found 5-03,so have NF2
  trans lab for right facial nerve tumor
  with nerve graft 3-23-06
   CSF leak revision surgery 4-07-06
   left mid fossa 4-17-08
   near deaf on left before surgery
   with hearing much improved .
    Univ of Iowa for all care

ppearl214

• Administrator
« Reply #486 on: August 04, 2009, 09:31:48 am »
Thanks Cheryl for the update and good journey to you in MI first!

will start a dinner thread in AN Community for Thurs night dinner

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Tamara

« Reply #487 on: August 04, 2009, 09:35:11 am »
Hey everyone!
  I haven't been posting or lurking for a number of weeks now.  How strange.  I AM thinking about all of you in Chicago soon - hope you all have a terrific time.  I won't be able to make it, but don't feel too sorry for me as I'll be on vacation in Europe. I look forward to seeing all the photos (and all the hats!)  Hopefully it won't be too warm to model them.

Best wishes to all!
Tamara :)
7 mm AN left side
translab 6-12-08
postop issues including CSF leak, eye issues, and facial palsy.  All issues resolved at 9 mos. except slight facial palsy & weakness.  Continuing to improve...

ppearl214

• Administrator
« Reply #488 on: August 05, 2009, 02:41:30 pm »
I'll be on vacation in Europe.

BAH!  Unless you are going to champagne country in France (but stay away from Paris and anything else Parisian.....)... you should be in CHI instead! :)

Have a great trip! Send postcards!

Phyl

MaryBKAriz

• Weldon (my ROCK!) and me
« Reply #489 on: August 05, 2009, 05:04:41 pm »
I am getting EXCITED!

Mary
 8)
Diagnosed March 24, 2008, 1.1cm, right side, "Goldie" - small but mighty!! :-(
Hearing, lottsa balance problems and a few facial twitches before CK
CK June 2, 2008, BNI in PHX, Drs Daspit/Kresl, side effects,steroids helped. Getting "sea legs".
Apr 2012 - Still glad I chose CK

Debbi

• Originator of the Magic Scarf
    • Debbi's AN Blog
« Reply #490 on: August 05, 2009, 06:29:07 pm »
OMG - it's barely a week away!!

I wish I was going to be there Thursday - I'll miss you all.  However, look for Willie and I on Friday afternoon. 

I am hoping to grab a seat at the Jackie Diels roundtable Fri night, but not sure how that all works.  I'm planning to attend as much of the facial and hearing sessions as possible - but the REAL event for me will be meeting all of you!

Kay and Mary, you've got my cell phone - I'll PM it to anyone else who wants it...

Debbi (weight stable)

Debbi - diagnosed March 4, 2008 
2.4 cm Right Side AN
Translab April 30, 2008 at NYU with Drs. Golfinos and Roland
SSD Right ear, Mild synkinesis and facial nerve damage
BAHA "installed" Feb 2011 by Dr. Cosetti @ NYU

http://debsanadventure.blogspot.com

saralynn143

• MVD diary
« Reply #491 on: August 05, 2009, 08:09:52 pm »
Deb, I am planning on attending that same round table discussion Friday evening. I would like to get her feedback on the physical therapist in St. Louis and what she thinks I need to start doing. I kind of figured it would be a situation where people come and go at each table, but as I recall hers was the only one of interest to me.

see you there.

Sara

P.S. When I first saw your "weight stable" comment, I thought it meant you had an eyelid weight that was being troublesome, but then I recalled the earlier diet conversation and felt pretty silly.
left side facial paresis
 46 - 11/25/08
 53 - 05/12/09

ppearl214

• Administrator
« Reply #492 on: August 05, 2009, 09:11:39 pm »
Mary!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You and Weldon are coming!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! xoxoxoxox

I have many cell phone numbers.. and many of you have mine as well.  Will have laptop with me as well (have to check in with my work emails...) and will also be doing real-time upload of pics and updates from the symposium to the gang here on the forums.

Phyl

saralynn143

• MVD diary
« Reply #493 on: August 07, 2009, 09:52:27 am »
There is another thread started at
http://anausa.org/forum/index.php?topic=10195.45
for folks interested in a trip to the Field Museum pirate ship exhibit and/or dinner following at Gino's on Thursday evening.

We have a party of ten at this point, and are looking for at least five more to book a party room since Gino's does not take reservations, even for us.

Sara

insert subliminal message here: pink pink pink pink pink pink pink pink pink pink
left side facial paresis
 46 - 11/25/08
 53 - 05/12/09

Ellenmn

« Reply #494 on: August 10, 2009, 03:01:26 pm »
OK I am going to come down town for the Event on Saturday. Haven't decided yet if I'm going to take the train or drive. Question, is there any dress code for the Gala?

Because if I need to bring a change of cloths I will probably need to drive.

(I just hate to pay the parking cost down there.)